HomeSportSoccerRosen digs in on Ncube, Sibanda

Rosen digs in on Ncube, Sibanda

-

Reigning Premier Soccer League (PSL) champions Motor Action are on a collision course with the Football Union of Zimbabwe (Fuz) over their refusal to clear want-out players Charles Sibanda and Bhekimpilo Ncube.

Fuz are also not happy with the contracts the Mighty Bulls offered the two players when they joined the club three years ago, that did not specify what the players were supposed to earn.

Fuz secretary-general, Paul Gundani said they were frustrated with the way Motor Action boss Eric Rosen was behaving and have taken the matter up with the Players’ Status Committee.

“Rosen is refusing to clear (Bhekimpilo) Ncube and (Charles) Sibanda and we gave him a 24-hour ultimatum which expired on Friday last week. His response to us was that he does not recognise our union.

“Rosen also said instead the two players or the club that was interested in them should approach Motor Action for the clearance letters.

“To us this is a bullying tactic as the two players’ contracts with Motor Action expired on December 31, 2010. On Monday we discussed the issue with Zimbabwe Football Association (Zifa) acting chief executive officer Jonathan Mashingaidze, who advised us to approach the Players’ Status Committee.

He added: “We have now referred the matter to the Players’ Status Committee led by Patrick Hokonya. It is this committee that is now going to clear the players.

“Rosen also owes the two players more than $6 000 in unpaid signing-on fees, salaries and bonuses. It is unfortunate that these are some of the employers that we have,” he said.

Gundani said they would also complain to the Ministry of Labour over the contracts the players were offered when they joined the Mighty Bulls three years ago, which did not specify the players’ earnings.

“We will soon approach the Ministry of Labour to find out if it is correct to offer players contracts that do not show how much they are going to earn. It is also surprising that PSL accepted such contracts,” he said.

However, Elizabeth Rosen, one of the directors at Motor Action, denied ever refusing to clear the two players.

“The two players (Sibanda and Ncube) or the club interested in them should talk to us and not Fuz.

“That is the way that we have always run football in the country. Fuz should have never been involved in the first place,” she said.

Motor Action are scheduled to take on Cnaps of Madagascar in the preliminary round of the Champions League at Rufaro on Sunday.

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading