Mushure stays at Dynamos

DYNAMOS vice-captain, Ocean Mushure has finally renewed his contract with the Premiership football club following the two parties meeting yesterday.

BY TAWANDA TAFIRENYIKA

Ocean Mushure
Ocean Mushure

Mushure, who had been linked with a move to FC Platinum, confirmed he had penned a two-year contract after Dynamos paid him part of his outstanding $8 000 signing-on fee from the previous deal.

The two parties has been haggling over a contract extension following the expiry of the player’s contract on December 31. The Dynamos full-back had demanded the club settle arrears from the previous contract before they could open negotiations for a new deal.

“I am delighted to sign another contract with Dynamos. My heart has always been blue. All I wanted was for the club to appreciate what I have done for it by paying me the money owed from the previous deal. Now they have honoured the agreement, I am happy I will be playing for the team next season. As one of the senior players at the club, I have an obligation to inspire my teammates and we are looking forward to building a team that can compete and hopefully win the championship this time around. We didn’t have a good season last term by our standards and we hope to do well this time around,” he said.

Mushure has given Dynamos up to March to clear the balance.

Meanwhile, Dynamos have laid the first brick of the foundation, as they rebuild a team for the new season with 121 players from across the lower divisions converging at Motor Action Sports Club for trials yesterday.

DeMbare coach, Lloyd Mutasa and his assistant, Murape Murape have invited players for trials this week, as they prepare to assemble a new team, following the departure of several key players.

The trials, which started yesterday, will end on Saturday, but there has been an overwhelming response, with hundreds of players braving the rains to attend the trials.

Mutasa said they were surprised by the turn-out and predicted the number could swell by the end of the week.

“The response on our first day of training today (yesterday) has been overwhelming. It was a mixture of both youth and the experienced and everyone was given an opportunity to showcase their talent for 45 minutes. We managed to select 31 players from that number and these are the players, who are going to come tomorrow, as the assessment continues. We selected some that are below the age of 20 and some are 25 years and below. We hope to conclude the trials by Saturday and then have those selected integrated into the team that is already there,” he said.


Mutasa, however, said no high-profile players had showed up for the trials as yet.

Dynamos failed to mount a serious challenge on the championship in the last campaign in which they finished fifth after a disastrous experiment with Portuguese coach, Paulo Jorge Silva.

But this time around, the Glamour Boys have opted for continuity, with Mutasa, who took over from Silva, having been given a fresh mandate to lead them this term.

The Glamour Boys have seen an exodus of several stars, including midfielder, Brett Amidu, who has found a new home at FC Platinum, while Godknows Murwira and Dominic Mukandi have sealed deals with Ngezi Platinum.

Loading...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.