THE State witness in the trial of military intelligence officer Borman Ngwenya — accused of sabotage and money-laundering following a botched bombing plot at Gushungo Dairy plant in Mazowe early this year — yesterday conceded that the latter had contacted a senior military officer before the alleged offences were committed.

Ngwenya is being charged with possession of four Molotovs which he allegedly intended to use in bombing the dairy plant in Mazowe on January 27 this year.

State witnesses Artwell Chimanga and Detective Sergeant Zvorwadza Chatikobo, who arrested the suspects, confirmed that Ngwenya was found in possession of a Nokia 1200 cellphone, black satchel with green trimmings, five cigarettes and a box of matches.

Ngwenya’s lawyer, Exactly Mangezi, asked Chatikobo to confirm if he knew about the mobile line that was in his client’s mobile phone, to which he replied he was not aware.

The lawyer then asked Chatikobo to switch on the mobile phone and demonstrate by calling the mobile number and the call went through.

Mangezi then produced the call record of the phone provided by Econet, which showed his client had communicated with a NetOne mobile number owned by the military.

According to NetOne, the line was registered in the name of the Army Signals Directorate.

Earlier during the proceedings, prosecutor Michael Reza tried to argue Ngwenya did not use the line since it was registered in the name of his wife, identified as Miss Marufu.

Ngwenya was initially jointly charged with Owen Kuchata and two other military intelligence officers, Silas Pfupa and Solomon Makumbe. Kuchata has since been convicted and sentenced to a nine-year prison term on his own guilty plea, while Pfupa and Makumbe had their charges withdrawn by Prosecutor-General (PG) Johannes Tomana.

But Ngwenya has pleaded not guilty to both charges and in his defence, claims he was on a military-sanctioned operation and was frequently reporting to one Major Mashava about the “project”.

The trial continues on Monday, with regional magistrate Fadzai Mthombeni presiding.

7 Responses to Gushungo ‘bombing’ trial: State witness concedes suspect’s contact with military

1. maita March 18, 2016 at 9:56 am #

ma shenigans e musangano akuzobuda manje.

2. margo schwarz March 18, 2016 at 12:10 pm #

my Aunt Isabelle got a nearly new Jaguar XF XFR just by part-time work from a macbook. Learn More Here…… FR!05

——->> WWW.Today70.COM

3. Wezhira wezhara March 18, 2016 at 1:06 pm #

Hapana mhosva apa. Maoperations anoto rongwa muoffice maMugabe kutsvaga zvinga diverte attention yevanhu kunhamo. He wants public sympathy and remember Harare Central Police yaka bhombewa twice but no arrests. Inside operations to nail opposition.

4. mgobhozi wezintabeni March 18, 2016 at 3:33 pm #

The leopard does not change its spots.

5. Jonathan March 19, 2016 at 6:23 am #

Mucharangarira here masoja aya akasungwa muna2002 vachibudiswa paTV vachitaura kuti tangevtatumwa naTsvangirai kuti tibvise hurumende yeZanu pf vakanzi vanotongwa netreason.vzvakazoenda nepi? Mabasa eZanu kutsvaka kudiverta attention yenyika pakutambura kwayo vachiita mainternal dramas neArmy. Manje tave kuvaziva. Ngavarege kuAbuser the justice system yenyika.

• Mutangadura Munhumutapa March 21, 2016 at 2:15 am #

Nhaiwe Jonitani, Mugabe unomuziva here? Uyu haasi mambo weDzimbahwe asi muranda akaba ushe. Akauya akagadzira mhosva ndokuripa nehu yavaSvosve. Vanhu ava vaida kumudya asi tisu takamunzvengesa nemuti. Angadai akafa kare iyeyu Mugabe wenyu. Vene venyika ino vari muvhu havatenderi kuti afe tisati tadzorerwa umambo hweDzimbahwe. Saka musawore moyo uye kutambisa mabhomba.

6. jjajja maria March 19, 2016 at 8:39 pm #

SHE SAVED MY MARRIAGE AND BLESSED ME FINANCIALLY THROUGH A SPECIAL PRAYERS THAT ACTIVATED THE ANOINTING OIL WHICH ALSO CONQUERED MY ENEMIES AT MY WORK PLACE.Several years of unhappiness in my marriage led to loneliness, continuous crying and suffering,after hearing about mama with a healing hand,i decided to visit her in her temple where she read my fortune accurately and told me about my past life,my marriage and business and in a MAGIC POT OF ANOINTED OIL.She performed a special prayer according to the BIBLE IN THE BOOK OF RUTH CHAPTER 1, NAOMI TOLD RUTH TO WASH HERSELF AND PUT THE ANOINTING OIL ON AND GO AND LAY BESIDE BOAZ AND HE WOULD ACCEPT HER AND MARRY HER! SHE DID AND HE MARRIED HER! and in less than 3 days all my problems were over and I`m very happy in my marriage and my husband left his girl friend and came back to me.She also gave me powerful magic pot to boost my business and its stability and paid all my debts,ring to protect me from my enemies,magic wallet to increase my financial blessings and promotion at work .There is no any other way i can thank you but to tell others about you and your work!contact her +27735333936 email her ,