Netizens respond to I regret serving as minister: Mutsvangwa

This morning NewsDay ran a story about outspoken former War Veterans minister Christopher Mutsvangwa who on Wednesday said he regretted accepting a Cabinet appointment last year, claiming the 12 months he spent in government were the most unproductive in his life.

By Tinotenda Samukange

Former War Veterans minister Christopher Mutsvangwa

Former War Veterans minister Christopher Mutsvangwa

The story sparked reactions from online readers. Below are some of the comments that we curated from our social media platforms and website.

“I have been in Cabinet for a year now. Sadly, this has been the most non-productive 12 months of my life,” –Mutsvangwa.

“I take consolation in my past. Kicked out of ZBC (Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation) in 1993, I went on to give Zimbabwe its first digital switch with NetOne and Siemens in 1998, its first broadband,” –Mutsvangwa.

Website Comments

Website Comments

“I am once again out of appointed public office. I can now revert to being more flexible and innovative in what I do best. I love the thrill of global business. The beauty this time is I have a formidable global network. And the rewards can be targeted, so my family can be in the catbird seat. Let the good times begin.”–Mutsvangwa.

11 Responses to Netizens respond to I regret serving as minister: Mutsvangwa

1. monica munangagwa March 10, 2016 at 2:52 pm #

shame chris vachakurova matako ukamama , ukaramba uchiita noise uchanogara chikurubhi manjeso

2. Zivai Ndlovu March 10, 2016 at 3:51 pm #

Mutsvangwa has been brutally honest here. What policy, strategy, or government programme has this cabinet produced and implemented except political bickering, bootlicking & making our precious diamonds disappear.

3. True Makepekepe March 10, 2016 at 4:14 pm #

Arrogance should be Christopher Mutsvangwa’s name!

4. abc March 10, 2016 at 4:33 pm #

He is regretting becoz the war vets ministry is a useless & waste of time ministry anyway. lf he had been minister of mines (diamonds) or local government (stands) he would have been on his knees begging Mugabe not to fire him

5. baba vako March 10, 2016 at 4:42 pm #

bhora musango gen’a, come 2018.

6. ras March 10, 2016 at 5:55 pm #

Kudzingwa sebete riya remabhachi kkkkk riya haridiwe mumba kkkkk

7. marezva March 10, 2016 at 6:25 pm #

yaaa ndizvo zvinoita munhu arambwa izvozvo kuti musikana uyu angaakashata what what . get away and shut and stop making noise!

8. Dofo March 10, 2016 at 8:15 pm #

Mutsvangwa is very stupid. good at throwing big words in English bgt pfungwa shoma. kkkkkk ndaseka zvangu

9. mama shamim March 10, 2016 at 8:41 pm #

Are u disappointed in love or u want to get back your ex lover who is either drifting apart or has moved on but you just can’t let go: ignite the romance! battling with bad luck ,family ,business problems, time to change the way life comes to you! yes its destiny but it can be twisted a little to get the best out of life! don’t give up yet, there is hope, looking for your dream job but the mission seems close to impossible: don’t give up come to me! is your life not pleasant and you wish you deserve better; then you do! is your marriage at the verge of breakdown ,is there a divorce in the pipeline? get the results that you wish it doesn’t have to be messy if you don’t want it that way and alternatively you can stop it immediately or fasten it and start over again to minimize the pain ,the choice is yours! court cases at whatev

10. Mazino akaora March 10, 2016 at 9:52 pm #