FOLLOWING our multimedia story on Nyasha Koroka whose left arm was amputated after she was electrocuted by an unprotected Zesa cable in 2010 our online readers voiced their concerns on our Facebook page about the utility company’s treatment of her plight.
Most people feel that Zesa should take responsibility and compensate her. What do you think? In case you missed the story, click here to read it
Listen to Nyasha Koroka telling her story:
Below are some of the comments we received.
One person raised an interesting issue, commenting that Nyasha Koroka might not be the only victim of Zesa’s negligence.
Indeed she is not. Below is a timeline of incidents that have occurred in the last two years where people were either electrocuted or lost a loved one due to being exposed to live power cables in someway or the other.
What are your personal experiences with Zesa? Did you lose property after a power surge? Or maybe a close relative passed away at a local hospital after a powercut? Tell us what you have experienced with the power supply company?