A 15-YEAR-OLD boy from Nengomasha Village in Chief Tandi’s area in Rusape was electrocuted after touching a live electrical cable while herding goats with his siblings last Friday.
Report by Obey Manayiti
The teenager, Washington Hamadziripi, was in the company of his siblings, Anesu (11) and Wellington (6) when the incident happened.
Manicaland assistant police spokesperson Assistant Inspector Luxon Chananda confirmed the tragedy yesterday.
He said on the fateful day, the three came across some hanging live electricity cables as they were herding goats. Washington is said to have proceeded to touch the loose cables and was electrocuted instantly.
According to police, Anesu ran home to notify their mother who came along with other villagers and took his body to Rusape General Hospital mortuary.
Meanwhile, police have urged the public to stay away from suspicious looking power cables.
“People should not tamper with such live cables.
“In the event that they come across loose cables, they should make a report to responsible people so that they can be fixed to avoid such loss of life,” Chananda said.