Village herdboy electrocuted

18
1236

A 15-YEAR-OLD boy from Nengomasha Village in Chief Tandi’s area in Rusape was electrocuted after touching a live electrical cable while herding goats with his siblings last Friday.

Report by Obey Manayiti

The teenager, Washington Hamadziripi, was in the company of his siblings, Anesu (11) and Wellington (6) when the incident happened.

Manicaland assistant police spokesperson Assistant Inspector Luxon Chananda confirmed the tragedy yesterday.

He said on the fateful day, the three came across some hanging live electricity cables as they were herding goats. Washington is said to have proceeded to touch the loose cables and was electrocuted instantly.

According to police, Anesu ran home to notify their mother who came along with other villagers and took his body to Rusape General Hospital mortuary.

Meanwhile, police have urged the public to stay away from suspicious looking power cables.

“People should not tamper with such live cables.

“In the event that they come across loose cables, they should make a report to responsible people so that they can be fixed to avoid such loss of life,” Chananda said.

18 COMMENTS

    • See how a Zimbabwean poor woman became a millionaire by buying and selling accidented cars. Very interesting idea. Go to the site (ACCIDENTEDCARS.COM) to see the various methods and companies she was using to do that. (ACCIDENTEDCARS.COM). wAKE UP AFRICANS. Don’t waste your time talking politics. (ACCIDENTEDCARS.COM)

  1. The transmission authority should always quickly switch off faulty electrical lines. In my opinion, and based on world trends they should be held liable and must be made to pay heavy damages for loss of human life needlessly. In my well informed, they were totaly negligent. Doing nothing about this sort occurrences is what creates laxity on the part of power transmitters. Sue them. First respondent, minister of Energy, Elton Madrums.

    • sad indeed but pple on the ground say zesa personell came to remove the body and took it to the mortuary not relatives as noone could get to the body for fear of the live cables.

    • See how a Zimbabwean poor woman became a millionaire by buying and selling accidented cars. Very interesting idea. Go to the site (ACCIDENTEDCARS.COM) to see the various methods and companies she was using to do that. (ACCIDENTEDCARS.COM). wAKE UP AFRICANS. Don’t waste your time talking politics. (ACCIDENTEDCARS.COM)

  2. Chokwadi chiripo ndechekuti mumabasa vanhu hatichina hanya .Ukatarisa shure kwatakabva waiona
    paiendwa netambo dzemagetsi pakati mburetete kuchena miti namauswa zvese zvakachekwa asi nhasi miti yokwikwidzana netambo dzemagetsi .Izvozvi kutaura kuno endai paKAITANO secondary school waya dzakadonha pasi gore rehwiza

  3. bt,why zesa,why him?ngatichengetei vana vaine ruziwo rwezvinouraya uye wezesa iwai muine full responsebility nemagetsi.magetsi anopinda nemudzimba dzevanhu saka anofanira kuongororwa nguva dzose zvisinei kuti kune faulty.nesuwo veruzhinji kana taziwa kuti pane njodzi ngatiudzei waridzi vebasa kunyangwe kumhuri dzedu.may hs soul rest in peace

    • See how a Zimbabwean poor woman became a millionaire by buying and selling accidented cars. Very interesting idea. Go to the site (ACCIDENTEDCARS.COM) to see the various methods and companies she was using to do that. (ACCIDENTEDCARS.COM). wAKE UP AFRICANS. Don’t waste your time talking politics. (ACCIDENTEDCARS.COM) ok

  4. Let us be reasonable, gentlemen, Matambo Silvester, the Minister is not responsible for maintenance.

Comments are closed.