HomeLocal NewsMan acquitted of sodomy charge

Man acquitted of sodomy charge

-

BINGA — A man who was accused of luring a 16-year-old boy to his bedroom hut and attempted to sodomise him was yesterday acquitted of the charge.

The court established the boy had framed Samuel Musaka (25) to cover up a theft.

Last Thursday, Musaka told the court that the boy had stolen his property and when he demanded it back, the boy raised the sodomy charges against him.

This prompted the State to submit charges against Musaka had loopholes taking into consideration the boy claimed the attempted sodomy incident happened on August 21, but only reported it a month later.

Musaka was acquitted by Binga magistrate Stephen Ndlovu for lack of evidence.

He had been in custody since October 3.
In his defence Thursday, Musaka told the court the boy cooked up the sodomy allegations to avoid being questioned over goods he had stolen.

“He wanted to fix me for demanding items he stole from me. He stole my cellphone, rechargeable battery and $19.

“When I noticed the theft and asked him, he admitted stealing them and promised to bring them back.

“I had taken him to the Binga police together with his father and signed an agreement for him to give me back my goods,” Musaka said.

Yesterday both the boy and his father admitted being indebted to Musaka.

The boy also admitted he framed Musaka to frustrate him in his efforts of demanding back his property.

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading