Effectively resolving inflation problem

The scarcity of money supply arising from the aforementioned interventions will result in reduced demand for goods and services in the economy.
By Kevin Tutani 16h ago

Budget highlights

Annual inflation expected to close 2023 at slightly below 20%. In 2024, annual inflation is anticipated to end the year at between 10% to 20%
By Newsday 16h ago

RBZ approves FBC acquisition of StanChart

In Zimbabwe, these costs were associated with a volatile currency, leading to an inflationary environment.
By Tatira Zwinoira Nov. 15, 2023

Ceteris Paribus: High bank charges and a shrinking financial market

A bank generates income when the interest it earns from these loans exceeds the interest it pays on deposits.
By Tinashe Duma Nov. 3, 2023

‘Food inflation spike cause for concern’

The report comes a few weeks after the Consumer Council of Zimbabwe revealed that the family basket has shot to ZWL$2,6 million due to rising prices of basic commodities.
By Priveledge Gumbodete Oct. 30, 2023

Trust issues torment Zimdollar

Lack of confidence in a currency has been cited as the underlying cause of exchange rate instability, capital flight and unsustainable inflation.
By Mthandazo Nyoni Oct. 23, 2023

September economic review: Navigating a fragile economy

ZimStat’s latest consumer spending survey found that 80% of transactions in the economy occur in USD whilst the remainder (20%) is in ZWLs.
By Zvikomborero Sibanda Oct. 20, 2023

SI 162: Too little, too late?

One of the recommendations of the Commission has led to Statutory Instrument 162, which instructed pension funds to compensate for loss of value.
By Rufaro Hozheri and Admire Dube Oct. 20, 2023

Editor’s Memo: When will the misery end?

In 2008, inflation reached 500 billion percent,  the International Monetary Fund. Shops were empty. Zimbabweans scavenged for food.
By Faith Zaba Oct. 13, 2023