It is a tradition when we start a New Year that some people write down resolutions or plans for the New Year. Some will go for a number of days praying and fasting for New Year so that they may achieve all the have written down. Others will also go to their rural homes or even in their towns to do rituals for the New Year.
I am a Christian as such will talk focus what I know best. The main issue of today is focused on the end of the year. This period we have entered is one of the most digit times in people's lives. Many will look back and question themselves, what have I achieved since the year began? As some will be celebrating their successes, others will be crying and in pain.
All hope is gone and they see themselves as failures. Many will be blaming each other in marriages and it also brings strain in families. But I have good news for someone reading this message. It is your massage in season.
There is hope. Yes you have suffered for a long time. Yes you have tried many things for many times and failed, do not give up.
Surely by His grace, before this year ends you will celebrate Job 14:7-9 (MSG) 7. For a tree there is always hope. Chop it down and it still has a chance — its roots can put out fresh sprouts.
- Even if its roots are old and gnarled, its stump long dormant.
- At the first whiff of water it comes to life, buds and grows like a sapling. People cut trees for many different reasons. Some for firewood and others for construction or even furniture. How the trees are cut differ with people. Some leave stumps and others the remove even the roots. There is hope that if a tree is cut off, it can come back to life. As long as the roots are still in the ground, there is hope. Don't give up on that project yet. It does not matter the circumstances. Hold on, rain is coming.
Your opportunity is coming. Even before the year ends, God can do it for you.
John 5:5-8 (MSG)
- One man had been an invalid there for thirty-eight years.
- When Jesus saw him stretched out by the pool and knew how long he had been there, he said. "Do you want to get well?"
- The sick man said, "Sir, when the water is stirred, I do not have anybody to put me in the pool. By the time I get there, somebody else is already in."
- Jesus said, "Get up, take your bedroll, start walking." Many people suffer from ailments and different kinds of diseases for many years. Some have failed to kick-start a project or even finish a project. Here is a promise for you, before this year ends something beautiful is going to happen to you. I declare you will meet your destiny helper, you will meet your solution in Jesus' mighty name. The man on this scripture had been unwell for thirty eight years.
It is a very long time. Help did not come from where he expected and as a result he lost hope. You expected certain people to come and help you, but they did not and it affected you so much. You have bankable project but looking up to the wrong direction. The moment this man met Jesus, his story changed completely. When your project meets grace, finances will come immediately, resources will come immediately. What you suffered for thirty eight years will happen in seconds.
- ZRC wraps up stakeholder consultations
- Letter from America: Ariel Primary: A school that teaches pupils to be angels
- Grace tidings: Faith of God: The access code to victorious living
- Grace tidings: Right and wrong thinking
Mark 2:2-5 (MSG)
- A crowd gathered, jamming the entrance so no one could get in or out. He was teaching the Word.
- They brought a paraplegic to him, carried by four men.
- They removed part of the roof and lowered the paraplegic on his stretcher.
- Impressed by their bold belief, Jesus said to the paraplegic, "Son, I forgive your sins." Here is a situation where Jesus is teaching the word and a huge crowd has gathered. It has been a trend that wherever Jesus went a huge crowd would follow Him. In this case there was no space even the entrance was covered by the crowd. It was very difficult for anyone to enter the house. Certain people brought a paraplegic to Jesus for healing. I am moved by the level of faith. There was no way to get to Jesus but they forced a way. My brother, my sister there are situations you do not need protocol or politeness.
The year is about to end, the devil has been holding you through sickness, stagnation, lack of marriage or even barrenness. Force your way in. Is the main door closed, do not lose hope, use the roof instead.
There was so much hope in these men. They knew Jesus was going to heal their friend. So much can happen in space left in this year.
John 11:17, 23-25 (MSG)
- When Jesus finally got there, he found Lazarus already four days dead.
- Jesus said, "Your brother will be raised up."
- Martha replied, "I know that he will be raised up in the resurrection at the end of time."
- "You do not have to wait for the end. I am, right now, resurrection and life. The one who believes in me, even though he or she dies, will live. There are situations which if presented to us we will truly lose our hope. There are many projects that are now beyond resurrection as we approach the year end.
It is difficult to believe that something can happen with the state of your health, marriage etc. It is very difficult, it is very impossible. Lazarus's situation was beyond waking up. He was dead for four days, meaning his body was decomposed. That is your situation right now. It is decomposed it can not be rescued by our understanding. There is someone who is able.
Even when Martha and those gatherer’s faith and hope was gone, someone able appeared. Your situation needs a word. Your situation needs Jesus. I declare life to business. I declare good health to your body. I declare that job, that tender and that marriage in Jesus' name.
Your promotion is guaranteed. Your relationship is rescued in Jesus's name. On verse 25 Jesus said you donnot have to wait for resurrection, He is resurrection and life. You too, you donnot have to wait for next year, Jesus is changing your story in seven days.
Ezra 10:2-4 (MSG)
- Shecaniah son of Jehiel of the family of Elam, acting as spokesman, said to Ezra "We betrayed our God by marrying foreign wives from the people around here. But all is not lost; there is still hope for Israel.
- Let us make a covenant right now with our God, agreeing to get rid of all these wives and their children, just as my master and those who honor God's commandment are saying. It is what The Revelation says, so let us do it.
4."Now get up, Ezra. Take charge — we are behind you. Do not back down."
Here is a group of people who betrayed their God by marrying foreign wives. This was disobedience and many of us have betrayed God in many ways. We have done so much in 2023. Some of the things we have done deliberately. The scripture above says but all is not lost, there is hope for everyone. It does not matter what you have done. There is still hope in our heavenly Father.
Let go of those ungodly things you have done. There is still hope for you. Before this year ends, I hear good news for you.
Many have given up in life. Many have let go of their projects. Some think that they can not be married anymore. Some think they can not have children. I am here to announce to you that God is able. He is changing your life and He is changing your story. After all hope wins. See you next week. SHALOM
*Prosper Tingini is the Scribe of the Children of God Missionary Assembly — God’s messengers. Contact details: Mobile & WhatsApp — 0771 260 195. Email address: [email protected]