BY SPORTS REPORTER
THE Zimbabwe Soccer Coaches Association (Zisca) has selected a new national interim executive committee, which has been tasked with resuscitating the body that represents football coaches’ interests in the country.
Coaches in Zimbabwe have not had representation in the country’s football landscape leaving them at the mercy of clubs and employers, who hire and fire them without honouring contractual obligation.
Already this season at least four coaches namely Rodwell Dhlakama, Philani Ncube, Mandla Mpofu and have been axed by premier soccer league clubs before the competition reaches the halfway stage.
The new committee is headed by feted development coach Bhekimpilo Nyoni and also includes Jairos Tapera, who is Triangle FC coach in the local top flight league.
Zisca released a statement last week to announce the new leadership.
“Zimbabwe Soccer Coaches Association is on the drive to fully resuscitate and return to normalcy, as it aims to fully represent the football coaches in the country,” reads the Zisca statement.
“Speaking on an online launch of the interim national executive committee, the association’s chairperson Mr. Bheki Nyoni reminded the incoming Interim executive and every coach to push hard for the resuscitation of the organization after some years of dormancy.
- Chamisa under fire over US$120K donation
- Mavhunga puts DeMbare into Chibuku quarterfinals
- Pension funds bet on Cabora Bassa oilfields
- Councils defy govt fire tender directive
“As such, each and every one of the coaches in this country has a major role to play in the process of reviving the organization.
To see through the revival exercise Zisca adopted a new constitution, Rules and Regulations and a financial code. These instruments coupled with the ongoing database exercise should help catapult coaches to their rightful place in the country,” Zisca said.
The organisation is currently involved with an exercise to gather the level of coach’s qualification in the country and help in working with Zifa to assign relevant courses and Coaches programs at district and provincial levels.
“Please coaches contact your provincial leadership for details on the database and affiliation fees. Let us drive the coaches agenda forward together and push for substantive elections in line with the ZIFA roadmap. We are looking forward to excel and manage organise ourselves to become a formidable Coaches’ association ,” Zisca said.
ZISCA interim national executive committee:
- National Chairperson: Bekhi Nyoni
- Vice chairperson: Philani Mabhena
- Secretary general: Oscar Mazhambe
- Treasurer: Clemence Bonda
- Board member development: Austin Tsvaki Hakunavanhu
- Board member marketing Chris Charles Utete
- Board member projects: Godfrey Paradza
- International relations: Phillip Mbofana
- Committee member: Musa Mpesani
- Committee member: Jairos Tapera
- Committee member: Munashe Tafirenyika
- Committee member: Misi Sikacha
- National administrator: Mugove Mukucha
- National advisor: Prosper Kwenda