Parly bureaucracy hampers development

Mhlanga made the remarks on Friday during a public lecture held in Bulawayo focusing on political tolerance, violence and policy implementation.
By Silas Nkala Jul. 26, 2023

Political participation options ahead of 2023 elections

When Zimbabweans go to the polls on August 23, they are constitutionally given an opportunity to directly elect the President, Members of Parliament, senators and councillors.
By Brighton Taruberekera Jun. 13, 2023

August 23: The circus begins

We cannot help but also be reminded of another important stakeholder in all this election drama – the Zimbabwe Electoral commission (Zec).
By Paidamoyo Muzulu Jun. 3, 2023

9th Parliament’s top 20 performers

Assessing the performance of a Member of Parliament is a difficult task given the complexities of politics in Africa in general and Zimbabwe in particular.
By Amh Voices Apr. 27, 2023

92% Zimbos have no confidence in police

National police spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi said he would only comment after seeing the report.
By Miriam Mangwaya Apr. 5, 2023

Transport minister to face Parly roasting

“I, therefore, call upon the minister to come and give a policy position insofar as it relates to the issue of public-private partnerships, where there is no government capital outlay,” Nduna said.
By Harriet Chikandiwa Mar. 24, 2023

Nkayi bans imposed, ‘foreign’ candidates

Recently, the NCP crossed swords with Zanu PF Nkayi North Legislator Sithembiso Nyoni accusing her of not being originally from Nkayi.
By Silas Nkala Mar. 23, 2023

Zec should come clean

Many a time in the past months Zec has somehow appeared to be haughtily plugging its ears to all voices of reason to the point of even “refusing” to provide to interested parties the voters roll.
By Newsday Jan. 9, 2023

Letters: Citizens must determine how govt distributes financial resources

The Primary and Secondary Education ministry had only utilised 44% of its total budget, by September 2022 it had used 52%, thereby leaving 48% of its allocated resources.
By Amh Voices Dec. 15, 2022