It's getting scary for Caps

The Green Machine were deflated by fellow strugglers Yadah in a Castle Lager Premier Soccer League match played at Bata Stadium in Gweru.

It's getting scary for the Caps United family after the team yesterday registered its ninth defeat on the trot.

The Green Machine were deflated by fellow strugglers Yadah in a Castle Lager Premier Soccer League match played at Bata Stadium in Gweru.

Unlike on Sunday where they fought a big fight against Highlanders in a Chibuku Super Cup quarter-final clash, yesterday they were lethargic and labouring and continued to glide towards the drop-zone.

Striker Jerry Chipangura and King Nadolo were on target for the Miracle Boys while Rodwell Chinyengetere scored the consolation goal for the Green Machine.

Caps coach Llyod Chitembwe could not hide his anger as his team continues to sing the blues this season.

“We made some critical mistakes in some critical phases of the game. The first goal could have been avoided if we had done our proper principles of play when defending,” he reflected.

“Somebody failed to track, and we allowed them to bring a cross. There was no marking from our part. When such things do happen, we invite trouble. The second goal was similar to the first one. It was a free header.

“The plan is to work hard and to do what is necessary for us to get the best results.”

His counterpart, Maxwell Takaendesa Jongwe was on cloud nine after slaying their cross town rivals.

“I don't know how to express the importance of these points. We really needed this because we are desperate for points as we go towards the end of our season,” he said.

“I hope and pray that we keep the same spirit when we take on Triangle over the weekend. There is still a lot of work to do.”

Yadah started on the front foot, and Wellington Kamudyariwa was the first to get a meaningful chance after benefitting from a neat interplay that was initiated by Nadolo.

Clive Mandivei also got another chance after 42 minutes but his diving header was parried out by Tonderai Mateyaunga.

Caps United got their first chance on the stroke of half-time through Clive Rupiya who hit the cross bar with a powerful shot from close range.

The Miracle Boys returned from the break with fire in their belly and they surged ahead on the 46th minute courtesy of Chipangura who tapped the ball home from a cross that was delivered by Tanaka Chikumba.

Ten minutes later, Chipangura almost completed a brace with an overhead kick after goalie Mateyaunga fumbled.

Chipangura's effort was cleared on the line by Joseph Tulani.

Chinyengetere restored parity for Caps United on 69 minutes, heading home from a cornerkick that was delivered by Godknows Murwira.

Nadolo doubled the scores for Yadah as he headed the ball home from a cornerkick on the 83rd minute, and that goal put the game beyond Caps United.


Caps United: T Mateyaunga, I Zambezi, E Manokore, B Musaka(G Murwira 53'), H Chapusha, D Chafa, B Sarupinda(P Bamusi 46'), J Tulani, C Rupiya, W Manondo(C Sithole 80'), R Chinyengetere

Yadah FC: M  Takarinda, P Kafelapanjila( Moffat 69'), K Nadolo, C Mandivei, T Musariri, W Kamudyariwa, V Sango(J Zindoga 69'), B Ndereki, T Chikumba, J Chipangura(M Faranando 90+3), T Vareta

Related Topics