CAPS UNITED . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (1)1

TELONE FC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(1)1

CAPS United coach Llyod Chitembwe was left seething with anger after his team was held to a draw by TelOne in a Castle Lager Premier Soccer League match played at Bata Stadium in Gweru yesterday.

Defender Hastings Chapusha scored the Green Machine’s goal after 21 minutes before Fradreck Muza equalised for The Wifi Boys in the 38th minute.

Caps United have blown hot and cold this season, and the result left the veteran gaffer frustrated, although he chose to keep it to himself.

“Naturally, the result is frustrating,” he said. “I say frustrating because at some point we were leading.”

Keep Reading

His counterpart Herbert Maruwa is seeing brighter days ahead, judging by how his men performed.

Maruwa is yet to register a win since taking charge of the Gweru-based side.

“I am happy with the boys, the way they are responding. It was a good result. We got a few chances, and we could have finished off the match in the first half,” he said.

“Results will come. The team is improving. Gradually, we are getting there. It’s a process. I can see light at the end of the tunnel.”

TelOne had a bright start and could have taken the lead in the third minute, but Muza failed to beat goalkeeper Tonderai Mateyaunga in a one-on-one situation.

Somehow, they fizzled out after five minutes as Caps United started to control proceedings and eventually took the lead after 21 minutes. Chapusha got the end of a Godknows Murwira free-kick to tap in from close range as TelOne defenders were caught off-guard.

The Wi-Fi Boys equalised in the 38th minute through Muza, who rose high to head the ball home from a curling cross that was whipped in by Blessing Sahondo.

And on the stroke of half-time, Phiness Bamusi quit the match in frustration after some exchanges with coach Chitembwe.

Bamusi walked straight to the bench before being replaced by Junior Bunjira. The second half was rather cagey, but TelOne were better in terms of chances.

Makepekepe ended up relying on counter attacks as they were being outpaced by TelOne youthful pkayers.


TelOne: Matripples Muleya, Thabiso Matshazi, Malvin Kwinjo, Mafirenyika Eriya, Admire Dzumbunu, Leo Hofisi, Zivinai Dubai (Frackson Bushiri, 35’), Jaison Kudzai (Tafadzwa Sibanda, 85’), Fradreck Muza, Washington Navaya, Blessing Sahondo (Llyod Gwerina, 68’)

Caps United: Tonderai Mateyaunga, Hastings Chapusha, Eric Manokore, Bruce Kangwa, Godknows Murwira, Kingsley Mureremba, Ralph Kawondera (Devon Chafa, 53’), Phineas Bamusi (Junior Bunjira, 45’), Wayne Makuva, Rodwell Chinyengetere, William Manondo (Tendai Matindifime, 81’)