Traditional healer poisons Gokwe family

Inspector Emmanuel Mahoko

TWO family members from Chief Chireya area, Gokwe North died from suspected poisoning after drinking a concoction prepared by a traditional healer.

The victims, Mharadza Mandaza and Mhere Mandaza allegedly drank the substance together with 26 other family members during a cleansing ceremony.

Midlands provincial police spokesperson Inspector Emmanuel Mahoko confirmed the incident.

“I can confirm the death of two members of Mandaza family from Chief Chireya area of Gokwe. As police, we urge the public to desist from consuming scientifically untested substances. We appeal for information that may lead to the arrest of the suspect,” Mahoko said.

Related Topics