PROPERTY worth $800 000 went up in smoke at a company located in Bulawayo’s central business district on Thursday.
Firebrigade spokesperson Linos Phiri confirmed that premises belonging to Mass Engineering Company were gutted by a fire.
The shop is located at Corner 14th Avenue and Herbert Chitepo.
“A makeshift workshop housing four different shops was affected. One was constructed with angle iron bars under corrugated zinc. Electrical cables connected from the distribution board to the compressor were damaged by fire,” Phiri said.
Phiri said nobody was injured during the inferno
Early this month, another fire broke out at Cecil Hotel due to a combination of faulty cables and overgrown tree branches.
Follow us on Twitter @NewsDayZimbabwe
- Faulty Zesa cable torches Cecil Hotel
- Fire guts Byo company
- Staff exodus hits BCC fire brigade
- Byo man dies in inferno