‘Seventy-six Dapchi schoolgirls released’

The Nigerian government has confirmed that 76 of the 110 abducted Dapchi school girls have been released.

BBC

Garba Shehu, a spokesman for Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari, told the BBc that the girls had returned home.

A subsequent statement from the Ministry of Information said that 76 of the girls were released “in the early hours of Wednesday.”

Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the Minister of Information and Culture said that the girls were returned through “back-channel efforts and with the help of some friends of the country.”

”Within the period when the girls were being brought back, operational pause was observed in certain areas to ensure free passage and also that lives were not lost,” Mr Mohammed said.

He added that the number of released girls would be updated when all had been formally registered.

3 Comments

  1. Nigerians all of u are cowards how can a terror group take citizens n go scot free.l doubt u army that they are man l think they are cowards

  2. G40 shut up. U ar just stupid, do u think that the army is omnipresent as to defend whoever fall prey to terrorism? If you dont know anything just shut up

  3. I’m thankful that the girls have been released but the practice of paying ransom will see an upsurge in similar abductions and endanger more young girls’ lives.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *