Patson Dzamara in one-man demo at Parly

ACTIVIST, Patson Dzamara (pictured) yesterday staged a one-man demonstration at the entrance of the Parliament building, vowing he would not be silenced until the whereabouts of his missing brother Itai are known.


Itai was abducted in March last year by suspected State security agents.

Dzamara’s demonstration, which coincided with the sitting of the National Assembly for the weekly question time, was brief, as he was quickly apprehended and whisked away by parliamentary security staff.

The activist, clad in black trousers, green helmet and a jacket in national flag colours, had a placard inscribed: “I will never be silent until Itai Dzamara is accounted for. I will never be silent until Zimbabwe is fixed.”
Armed security officials led him to Parliament’s police substation.

This is not the first time Dzamara has staged a one-man demonstration.

He also caused panic among the security and intelligence agents when he stood before President Robert Mugabe with a banner inscribed, “Where is Itai Dzamara?” during Independence Day celebrations at the National Sports Stadium in April.

Dzamara was whisked away from the stadium and allegedly assaulted by security agents before they released him.

Police spokesperson, Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba was not answering her phone when a comment was sought. At the time of going to print, it was not clear what charges the police would prefer against Dzamara.

Do you have a coronavirus story? You can email us on:


  1. heyi. odini shuwa. mkoma vongorova. kana nesuwo?

    1. chokwadi chokwadi dai ndirini or iwe wakaitirwa izvi waiita sei. Patson is not mad or being stubborn. honestly speaking, where is the gentleman Itai, kana Mapfupa ake zvawo (His Remains) for a family & friends proper burial.

      vakomana zvinorwadza izvi. Patson munomuroverei / kumusunga when he is rightfully asking for his brother’s whereabout. Lets be human enough…………………

  2. Ngachitorwe ichochi chiendeswe kune chimwe. Chinofarisa

Comments are closed.