Chombo chastises ‘overzealous’ Zanu PF MPs

ZANU PF secretary for administration and Zvimba North MP Ignatius Chombo on Saturday publicly chastised Chegutu West MP Dexter Nduna and his Makonde counterpart Kindness Paradza for getting “too excited” in Parliament by asking tough questions to expose the ruling party’s Cabinet ministers.

Addressing a Zanu PF Mashonaland West provincial co-ordinating (PCC) meeting, Chombo said Nduna’s “too many questions” directed at Mines minister Walter Chidakwa last week had unsettled the latter.

According to Parliament’s Order Paper for last week, Nduna had asked 59 of the recorded 98 questions posed to Chidakwa over the mystery surrounding the $15 billion worth of diamonds, which went missing in Chiadzwa.

Although both Nduna and Chombo could not be reached for comment yesterday, a Zanu PF MP, who declined to be named, accused the Executive of seeking to stifle the legislature’s oversight role.

“We are now in a dilemma. How can a member of the Executive curtail us from doing what we were voted to do, to act as an oversight of the Executive? Besides, we agreed that we should not be overshadowed by MDC-T MPs,” a Zanu PF Mashonaland West MP, who spoke on condition of anonymity said.

Paradza, who chairs the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Foreign Affairs, reportedly angered Cabinet ministers when he played a slide show, which painted a sorry picture of the state of affairs at the country’s Botswana and Ethiopia embassies.

The Makonde MP yesterday said he had attended the PCC meeting, but denied Chombo had ordered him to tone down his questions in Parliament.

“I know you are there to tarnish my name. I was never mentioned by name . . . Chombo named Nduna and not me. As for the report, yes, it was factual. That is the reason Cabinet acted on it,” he said.
But businessman, Philip Chiyangwa appeared to be backing Chombo.

Chiyangwa, who sits in the PCC courtesy of being a central committee member, said the MPs were embarrasing ministers by not sticking to caucus rules.

“My friend, we are veterans. I have been a Member of Parliament for Chinhoyi and accordingly, MPs should put their ministers to task during caucuses, not to embarass our ministers like what they are doing at the moment. They (MPs) are seeking unnecessary publicity by embarassing their party ministers, something that should be expected from the opposition. We are watching them,” he said.

12 Responses to Chombo chastises ‘overzealous’ Zanu PF MPs

1. Joe March 21, 2016 at 6:55 am #

This bunch is now really a liability to this country

2. Mugwekwenhi March 21, 2016 at 9:16 am #

Why is it the the minister does not want MPs to be asked a lot of questions?

This shows that they have a lot to hide. I think these people, the likes of Dexter and Kindness should be many.They do not want counterparts who sleep on duty.

They do not want to be exposed since they are not working at all. This is what has caused Zimbabwe to fall into economic problems. Does it mean to say that the inquisitive MPs should sleep in parliament like vana baba vavo who were voted into power several times and doing nothing?

Vakuru ngavanyare ava.

3. Brother Philip Mubaiwa March 21, 2016 at 10:21 am #

My fellow End Time Message Believers I recommend you read this ebook “Not My Will But Thine Be Done.” Even those of you no longer going to church read it. I found it insightful and a blessing. Download free on httpscolonforwardslashforwardslashareobooksdotcomforwardslashbooksforwardslash183.

4. prof ashaf March 21, 2016 at 10:22 am #

SHE SAVED MY MARRIAGE AND BLESSED ME FINANCIALLY THROUGH A SPECIAL PRAYERS THAT ACTIVATED THE ANOINTING OIL WHICH ALSO CONQUERED MY ENEMIES AT MY WORK PLACE.Several years of unhappiness in my marriage led to loneliness, continuous crying and suffering,after hearing about mama with a healing hand,i decided to visit her in her temple where she read my fortune accurately and told me about my past life,my marriage and business and in a MAGIC POT OF ANOINTED OIL.She performed a special prayer according to the BIBLE IN THE BOOK OF RUTH CHAPTER 1, NAOMITOLD RUTH TO WASH HERSELF AND PUT THE ANOINTING OIL ON AND GO AND LAY BESIDE BOAZ AND HE WOULD ACCEPT HER AND MARRY HER! SHE DID AND HE MARRIED HER! and in less than 3 days all my problems were over and I`m very happy in my marriage and my husband left his girl friend and came back to me.She also gave me powerful magic pot to boost my business and its stability and paid all my debts,ring to protect me from my enemies,magic wallet to increase my financial blessings and promotion at work .There is no any other way i can thank you but to tell others about you and
    your work!contact her +27735333936 email her ,

5. cheguti March 21, 2016 at 11:33 am #

ofcourse they dont want to be asked Questions, SUPA Mandiwanzira ane yake nyaya, Chombo anedzake so they dont want Questions, they must RESIGN!!!!

6. CDE HASHA March 21, 2016 at 1:04 pm #

We need vibrant parly. Not the one dictated by the Chombos. Let the youthful Mps speak their views. Debate if fruitful and healthy. What are you afraid of. Without debates parly is as good as dead. We encourage debates, whether its from ZANU, MDC PDP, ZAPU or ZPF. Those who are allergic to debate must leave parly.

7. Sagitarr March 21, 2016 at 1:31 pm #

Thieves and crooks and gangsters ready to intimidate, bully and frighten for being asked questions only. Who the hell do they think they are?

8. NYIKA March 21, 2016 at 2:38 pm #

Useless bunch of thieves i tell you. its now a problem to ask questions o what is this Cabinet for?
    takapusa vanhu wee ndokumamirwa takatarisa uku.

we tired of this zanu BS.

9. Wezhira wezhara March 21, 2016 at 2:59 pm #

15 billion yainyanyo bvunzwa yaka campaigner muna 2013 saka Nduna haafanire kubvunzisisa kkkkk. Maelections osvika saka they know how to twist maZimbos by declaring themselves clean. Endai kumusha mutaurire vabereki mumba menyu chete kuti Mugabe haachaite uye pakuvoter ngava vhote madiro hakuna macamera avano nyeperwa. Play your part now and re-emphasize on every visit.

10. john moyo March 21, 2016 at 5:53 pm #

The problem is that those who stole diamond money did not steal to enrich other party members or the moribund party itself, it was for self-enrichment. As a result the guys from the moribund party who did not benefit from the grand theft are more interested than opposition party parliamentarians. Honestly if you are all thieves you expect a share from a score……Now you hear that another thief can afford a Bentley….and you cannot even afford a wheel barrow. You will naturally be surprised and enraged at how the other thief was hiding loot from you……I would be livid if I was from the Moribund party…..We must all be on the same page!! Nxaaaa!

11. john moyo March 21, 2016 at 5:57 pm #

Now we need your vote. Just do Bhora Musango as usual

12. teratriphu10 March 21, 2016 at 6:20 pm #

Start­­­­­­­ making­­­­­­ more­­­­­ money­­­­­ weekly­­­­­­.This­­­­­ is­­­­­­ a­­­­­ valuable­­­­­­ part­­­­ time­­­­­­ work­­­­­­ for­­­­­ everyone­­­­­.The­­­­­ best­­­­­ part­­­­­­­ work­­­­ from­­­­­ comfort­­ of­­­­ your­­­­­ house­­­­ and­­­ get­­­­­ paid­­­­­ from­­ £100-£2k­­­­­­ each­­­­­ week­­­­.Start­­­­­­ today­­­­ and­­­­­ have­­­­­­­ your­­­­­­ first­­­­­­­ cash­­­­­­­ at­­­­­­­ the­­­­­­ end­­­­­­­­ of­­­­­ this­­­­­ week. For more details….. c1!

—->> w­w­w.C­a­r­e­e­r­s-R­e­p­o­r­t.c­o­m