Suspended Zanu PF youth leader requests crunch indaba with Mugabe

SUSPENDED Zanu PF Youth League secretary for administration Lewis Matutu has approached President Robert Mugabe’s office, setting the stage for a crunch tête–à–tête with the veteran ruler.

Matutu, who, at the height of the Zanu PF internal meltdown that claimed the scalp of then Vice-President Joice Mujuru and other senior leaders in 2014, famously told Mugabe “you are isolated”, confirmed on Tuesday that he had requested for a meeting with the 92-year-old leader.

“It is true I have approached officials in the President’s Office with a request to meet him. It is in his interest to meet with me. The President is surrounded by people who like him and others who feign love for him. He has not done much to correct the 2014 situation that I talked about then,” he said.

As factional fights for Mugabe’s seat continue to rock Zanu PF, a section of the ruling party’s youth league aligned to a faction known as Generation 40 (G40) passed a no-confidence vote in Matutu and secretary for youth in the politburo Pupurai Togarepi.

Last week’s no-confidence votes followed the expulsion of seven youth provincial chairpersons and another seven leaders of Zanu PF affiliate organisations two weeks ago, but Togarepi and Matutu scoffed at the move, calling it unconstitutional.

Matutu claimed his request to meet Mugabe had nothing to do with his political life, but the party.

Asked what it is he wanted to discuss with the President, Matutu said it remained confidential until after the indaba, but indicated Mugabe could be in some sort of danger.

“I am not at liberty to discuss the intricate details of the discussions I want to have with the President, but I have every right as a member of Zanu PF to meet with my leader as espoused in the constitution. But I must say he (Mugabe) is not only vulnerable, but very vulnerable,” said Matutu without elaboration.

“I know some people would want to stop me, but I am confident my request will be granted”.

Togarepi has also indicated his willingness to engage Mugabe over the deteriorating situation in the party and the alleged vote of no-confidence announced by his deputy Kudzai Chipanga.

However, Togarepi refused to discuss the issue on Tuesday.

“It is an internal matter, which is better dealt with that way,” he said.

Matutu, last week, following the announcement of the vote of no-confidence which also affected his deputy Sibongile Sibanda, claimed he had “sensitive information to tell the President”.

War veterans leader Christopher Mutsvangwa early this week claimed Mugabe was now a “captured leader” under the spell of G40, apparently led by his wife, First Lady Grace Mugabe and other leaders in the ruling party.

7 Responses to Suspended Zanu PF youth leader requests crunch indaba with Mugabe

1. Mindloz March 19, 2016 at 8:54 am #

Lying Matutu. what confidential information. You are gone period. What goes around comes around. Kwakumnandi kunguwe oxotsha abanye. Now sokunguwe suwumana

2. gusheshe March 19, 2016 at 9:17 am #

Matutu n company please leave this arrogant Mugabe alone achabvuma zvake tsvangirai ave kutonga

3. valembe March 19, 2016 at 10:36 am #

Zvipiko hes hoping to get a chance to grovel in person and get another ticket on the gravy train.

4. Bazaruto March 19, 2016 at 12:14 pm #

I hate kudzingwa basa.

5. nocks March 19, 2016 at 12:32 pm #

Mfana uyu ave kuda kufuga rake ega. i see another accident becoz avekutambira kunonyudza. usatuke mvuu usati wayambuka rwizi akadaro Tongai mwana WeKwaMoyo

6. jjajja maria March 19, 2016 at 8:37 pm #

SHE SAVED MY MARRIAGE AND BLESSED ME FINANCIALLY THROUGH A SPECIAL PRAYERS THAT ACTIVATED THE ANOINTING OIL WHICH ALSO CONQUERED MY ENEMIES AT MY WORK PLACE.Several years of unhappiness in my marriage led to loneliness, continuous crying and suffering,after hearing about mama with a healing hand,i decided to visit her in her temple where she read my fortune accurately and told me about my past life,my marriage and business and in a MAGIC POT OF ANOINTED OIL.She performed a special prayer according to the BIBLE IN THE BOOK OF RUTH CHAPTER 1, NAOMI TOLD RUTH TO WASH HERSELF AND PUT THE ANOINTING OIL ON AND GO AND LAY BESIDE BOAZ AND HE WOULD ACCEPT HER AND MARRY HER! SHE DID AND HE MARRIED HER! and in less than 3 days all my problems were over and I`m very happy in my marriage and my husband left his girl friend and came back to me.She also gave me powerful magic pot to boost my business and its stability and paid all my debts,ring to protect me from my enemies,magic wallet to increase my financial blessings and promotion at work .There is no any other way i can thank you but to tell others about you and your work!contact her +27735333936 email her ,

7. shana sander March 20, 2016 at 4:47 pm #

—Fantastic online work opportunity for everyone… Start working for 3-8 hr daily and start getting paid about $6k-$12k a month… Weekly payments…EW!04

======➤➤ w­w­w.A­s­p­i­r­e-J­o­b­s.c­o­m