Poultry demand on the rise

ZIMBABWE today commemorates World Poultry Day, amid a growing demand for chicken meat in the country.

Poultry is expected to become the world’s most consumed meat over the next five years, according to a report released by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. The world’s appetite for chicken is growing faster than any other meat, while pork consumption is slowing even in its most popular markets.

“Currently, pork accounts for the greatest share in world total meat production, however, a comparatively slower growth rate through the next decade will result in it being surpassed by poultry by 2020,” the 2014 report says.

In Zimbabwe many companies support the poultry industry, which is fast becoming popular along with global trends.

Profeeds is one such company renowned for producing the best performance chicken feed in the country and has established one-stop Profeeds Centres countrywide, where poultry producers have easy access to all facets of poultry production.

Profeeds was established in 2007 and currently produces a successful range of premium quality, high performance stockfeeds.

This is attributed to a unique customer-orientated strategy as well the development of a superior product basket.

The company’s range of high performance feeds includes those for broilers, layers, pigs, horses, sheep and dogs.

According to the company’s website, Profeeds in line with the Group’s growth strategy, has expanded significantly in the last few years by increasing its production capacity.

In April 2014, Profeeds’ additional storage and new stock-feed plant was commissioned and this has increased both the production three fold, and capacity and storage fivefold.

9 Responses to Poultry demand on the rise

1. peace March 19, 2016 at 5:12 am #

pure marketing editor nareporter vakadyira profeeds for this no doubt

2. murehwa March 19, 2016 at 5:18 am #

Why put this as a news article when it’s just an advert for profeeds?

3. Agaye March 19, 2016 at 8:49 am #

Advert you can say that again

4. Boss wacho March 19, 2016 at 10:51 am #

Shamless advertising by lazy reporter

5. zvashanduka March 19, 2016 at 11:13 am #

thats not news thats an advert for Profeeds. Corruption chaiyo. Profeeds just got free advertising space whilst the reporter and editor denied the employer the much needed advertising revenue.

6. Ofcourse, the modern adage says “mbudzi inofura payakasungirirwa,” asi apa yafura muvegetable basket repabasa “fishing in someone’s pond. Why did you include the company name anyway? Kana zvichinetsa next time unongoti (some companies). Usaone vanhu sematutururu.

7. Zvidzai March 19, 2016 at 8:11 pm #

Profeeds my foot,poultry my foot we like beef.its not news advert

8. jjajja maria March 19, 2016 at 8:35 pm #

SHE SAVED MY MARRIAGE AND BLESSED ME FINANCIALLY THROUGH A SPECIAL PRAYERS THAT ACTIVATED THE ANOINTING OIL WHICH ALSO CONQUERED MY ENEMIES AT MY WORK PLACE.Several years of unhappiness in my marriage led to loneliness, continuous crying and suffering,after hearing about mama with a healing hand,i decided to visit her in her temple where she read my fortune accurately and told me about my past life,my marriage and business and in a MAGIC POT OF ANOINTED OIL.She performed a special prayer according to the BIBLE IN THE BOOK OF RUTH CHAPTER 1, NAOMI TOLD RUTH TO WASH HERSELF AND PUT THE ANOINTING OIL ON AND GO AND LAY BESIDE BOAZ AND HE WOULD ACCEPT HER AND MARRY HER! SHE DID AND HE MARRIED HER! and in less than 3 days all my problems were over and I`m very happy in my marriage and my husband left his girl friend and came back to me.She also gave me powerful magic pot to boost my business and its stability and paid all my debts,ring to protect me from my enemies,magic wallet to increase my financial blessings and promotion at work .There is no any other way i can thank you but to tell others about you and your work!contact her +27735333936 email her ,healingsonly@gmail.com

9. shana sander March 20, 2016 at 4:45 pm #

—Fantastic online work opportunity for everyone… Start working for 3-8 hr daily and start getting paid about $6k-$12k a month… Weekly payments…EW!03

======➤➤ w­w­w.A­s­p­i­r­e-J­o­b­s.c­o­m