New perks for magistrates

THE Judicial Services Commission (JSC) is set to provide accommodation and vehicles to magistrates across the country, as it seeks to improve their conditions of service and reduce corruption in the judiciary.

PAIDAMOYO MUZULU

chidyausiku-and-concourt-judges-arriving-at-parliament

Chief magistrate, Mishrod Guvamombe made the remarks yesterday on the sidelines of the swearing in of five new magistrates at Harare Magistrates Courts.

Magistrates, before the advent of the new constitution in 2013, were regarded as civil servants, but now fall under the JSC, like judges.

“We are looking at giving each magistrate a vehicle and accommodation so that they are no compromised,” Guvamombe said.

The majority of magistrates stay in rented accommodation and travel by public transport compromising both their security and status in the eyes of the public.

Guvamombe said the provision of the new perks was part of the commission’s long term objectives and depended on availability of funds.

The five new magistrates sworn in yesterday were Yeukai Dzuda, Elizabeth Magomore, Moreblessing Makati, Tracy Biancar Muzondo and Takunda Victor Nyamandi.

All the new magistrates have law degrees and four graduated from University of Zimbabwe, while Muzondo is a product of Midlands State University.

The deputy president of the Law Society of Zimbabwe, Chaka Mashoko welcomed the appointments, saying they proved that the JSC respected gender equality as espoused by the new constitution.

Of the five new magistrates four are female and one male.

“The gender parity of the new magistrates sworn in today is encouraging and shows that we are meeting the constitutional dictates of gender equality in commission and public service,” Mashoko said.

7 Responses to New perks for magistrates

1. chirasha March 19, 2016 at 8:49 am #

4:1 and you say gender parity is encouraging. You are sick.

• mcgyver March 20, 2016 at 6:45 am #

This guymis singing for his supper, and has lost his bearings

• mcgyver March 20, 2016 at 6:46 am #

This guy is singing for his supper, and lost his bearings

2. Cecil March 19, 2016 at 11:42 am #

Give us one name of a magistrate who travels by public transport. Even PPs drive own vehicles already.

3. Loud Speaker March 19, 2016 at 1:27 pm #

Why not just give them a monetory allowance and let them choose what mode of ttansport they prefer?…Lot less bureaurocratic than providing cars ..what make car for example? And shoulf you not hold a drivers license then what?

4. jjajja maria March 19, 2016 at 8:34 pm #

SHE SAVED MY MARRIAGE AND BLESSED ME FINANCIALLY THROUGH A SPECIAL PRAYERS THAT ACTIVATED THE ANOINTING OIL WHICH ALSO CONQUERED MY ENEMIES AT MY WORK PLACE.Several years of unhappiness in my marriage led to loneliness, continuous crying and suffering,after hearing about mama with a healing hand,i decided to visit her in her temple where she read my fortune accurately and told me about my past life,my marriage and business and in a MAGIC POT OF ANOINTED OIL.She performed a special prayer according to the BIBLE IN THE BOOK OF RUTH CHAPTER 1, NAOMI
    TOLD RUTH TO WASH HERSELF AND PUT THE ANOINTING OIL ON AND GO AND LAY BESIDE BOAZ
    AND HE WOULD ACCEPT HER AND MARRY HER! SHE DID AND HE MARRIED HER! and in less than 3 days all my problems were over and I`m very happy in my marriage and my husband left his girl friend and came back to me.She also gave me powerful magic pot to boost my business and its stability and paid all my debts,ring to protect me from my enemies,magic wallet to increase my financial blessings and promotion at work .There is no any other way i can thank you but to tell others about you and your work!contact her +27735333936 email her ,healingsonly@gmail.com

5. shana sander March 20, 2016 at 4:43 pm #

Fantastic online work opportunity for everyone… Start working for 3-8 hr daily and start getting paid about $6k-$12k a month… Weekly payments…EW!00

======➤➤ w­w­w.E­w­o­r­k­9.T­­k