Mnangagwa’s ‘daughter’ in $1 million scam

A WOMAN, who claimed to be Vice-President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s daughter allegedly tried to extort $1 million from a white Goromonzi farmer, so he would not be evicted from the farm.

BY CHARLES LAITON

Emmerson Mnangagwa

Emmerson Mnangagwa

The farmer, Martin Grobler, claimed Shorai Kudzai Muchemwa, stormed his farm, Lot 1 Buena Vista, last weekend in the company of armed men, accusing him of refusing to vacate the property and later demanded a protection fee to enable him to continue farming.

According to court papers filed under case number HC995/16, Grobler claimed that in November 2013, he was issued with an offer letter to stay on the farm, but the Lands and Land Resettlement ministry issued Muchemwa another offer letter for the same piece of land.

“Even though the first respondent (Muchemwa) is not bound by the order appealed against, she is not entitled to disrespect it,” Grobler said in an affidavit.

“I say this because on February 1, 2016, the first respondent came to my place with some hired people, who were drunk and armed with AK47 rifles and told me to leave my farm.”

“I begged that I needed to at least harvest my tobacco crop, which I am now harvesting and I was in the process of curing it, but the first respondent and the second respondent (Edwin Zimuto), who appeared to be the leader of the hired gang, told me to pay $1 000 000 if I wanted to stay.

“I told him that I could not do so since I could not raise that amount of money and they reduced it to $500 000. I still could not raise the money and promised at least $15 000, but the second respondent pointed a gun to my head and threatened to kill me, alleging that I was trying to be funny.”

Grobler claimed Muchemwa and Zimuto were accompanied by McDonald Chibondo and Misheck Chimukasa, who also had AK47 riffles when they descended on the farm.

He said soon after the incident, he rushed to Epworth Police Station to report the matter, but was turned away, with the officers claiming the issue was political and sensitive.
Grobler said the group then returned to the farm and sealed the doors to his tobacco curing bans.

“On February 7, 2016, the first respondent (Muchemwa) came again, with her thugs, to my house and told me that I should know by now that she was the daughter of Vice-President Mnangagwa and that no one would stop her in the country,” he said.

“She was accompanied by the second respondent (Zimuto), who was flipping his AK47 rifle in the air, as she was addressing me, threatening me.”

A WOMAN, who claimed to be Vice-President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s daughter, has been taken to court on extortion charges after she allegedly demanded $1 million from a white Goromonzi farmer, so he would not be evicted from the farm.

25 Responses to Mnangagwa’s ‘daughter’ in $1 million scam

1. Lady Gee February 11, 2016 at 6:06 am #

nxaaa

“….I should know by now that she was the daughter of Vice-President Mnangagwa and that no one would stop her in the country….”
    We are working on her dad who is losing grip by each. How can we not stop her? if we can to her dad. She is not so well up ther.

2. Tatenda February 11, 2016 at 7:33 am #

God will punish you all Zanu Pf people.You want to reap were u did not sow.All of you, you are just but common thieves!

3. plebeian February 11, 2016 at 8:12 am #

perhaps the title of this story could read something like “Extortiner appears in court”. The vp’s name mentioned on the heading, although he is capable of authorising such acts is grossly inappropriate.

• Veritas February 11, 2016 at 8:43 am #

It is appropriate because it is the reason why this woman thinks she is untouchable. If she used Munangagwa’s name to instil fear in this farmer, she has to be called for it. Munangagwa should come in the open and disown this person so that all those who want to do the same in future would think twice before they do this. Newsday’s headline is appropriate!

• Biggie Taapatsi February 11, 2016 at 11:55 am #

Inga VP Mnangagwa vachatopera mabvi nekugara vachingokumbira ruregerero, even for things he may have absolutely no knowledge of. Is this the first time we have had people impersonating powerful people in society to get what they want? Interesting how gullible people can be.

4. GIFT February 11, 2016 at 8:39 am #

For people to carry out such acts means there is absolutely no rule of law to deter them. They know they can be successful and absolutely nothing will be done to them. Please please lets respect the laws in this country. The powers that be please do something.

• Hamburamakaka February 11, 2016 at 9:09 am #

But she is appearing in court. Doesn’t mean that if there is rule of law, the laws will not be broken.

5. NOMSA KAPESA February 11, 2016 at 9:51 am #

its surprising that according to the story , police are not acting on an issue involving thugs who move around with AK47 guns. Is this not scaring away investors. This also threatens peace and security for ordinary Zimbabweans. Police must have pounced on these thugs and confiscated the deadly weaponry.

6. garikayi February 11, 2016 at 10:11 am #

A man walks into a Police Station to make a report AK wielding dudes and the police not interested?? This country has gone to the f%$#ng dogs. I bet this Muchemwa girl is not after the farm but the tobacco. Go girl get the farm and lets see what you going to do with it…just like your other f#$#8g invaders from ZANU PF. What is the f5432n white man still doing in Zim anyway?? He and the remaining few think they are clever…het the f%$#k out of Zim, do not walk away but run for your life

7. NDIKOKO February 11, 2016 at 10:15 am #

Let these people enjoy the same privileges that we are enjoying…evrydaay we preach oneness Inga wani why not lead by example we are one and therefore we should live together as one people…zvekuti uri mwana waani izvo hazvishande izvo

8. fairness February 11, 2016 at 11:48 am #

The title to this story is greatly misleading. Why couldn’t you just say , a woman who claims to be Mnangagwa’s daughter? Motinyadzisa.

9. Wezhira wezhara February 11, 2016 at 12:02 pm #

MaHeadline enyu aya anosungisa. Mnangagwa akuudzai here kuti mwana wake uyu. Chenjerai.

10. Essexvale February 11, 2016 at 12:26 pm #

Yesterday’s oppressor is today’s victim … so sad! I was tempted to say “serves him right” (the white farmer), but as an activist for human rights and the rule of law, I’ve had to check myself! The actions of this woman and her entourage of thugs should be condemned in the strongest terms!

11. Rawboy February 11, 2016 at 12:52 pm #

‘click bait’ story.Sadly they seem to be prolifetating *stomps foot-shakes head*

12. Njanji February 11, 2016 at 1:01 pm #

Marepoter munonyepa munobikireiko nyaya…… misleading misleading misleading…..

13. Dembo DK February 11, 2016 at 1:27 pm #

vp must repent, now is time

14. utsiwegota February 11, 2016 at 5:12 pm #

ummm to zocommenta hedu kana maisa proper heading.

15. COOLMUNNY February 11, 2016 at 5:58 pm #

Aaaaaaa marketng yebepa……….kuti ritengwe.

16. Toagrepi February 11, 2016 at 6:18 pm #

So if the police refused to act, how is this person appearing in court now. Imi musadaro.

17. andythomas12501 February 11, 2016 at 7:08 pm #

……G­­o­­­o­­­g­­l­­e­­­ i­­s­­ <­­-p­­a­­y­­i­­n­­g­­ 9­­7­­$ p­­e­­r h­­o­­u­­r! ­­W­­o­­r­­k ­­f­­­­o­­r ­­f­­­­e­­­­w­­ h­­­­o­­u­­r­­s ­­a­­n­­d h­­a­­v­­e l­­o­­n­­g­­e­­r w­­i­­t­­h­­ f­­­­r­­i­­e­­n­­d­­s & ­­f­­a­­m­­i­­l­­y­­! ­­O­­n ­­t­­u­­e­­s­­d­­a­­y I g­­o­­t ­­a­­ g­­r­­e­­a­­t n­­e­­w­­ L­­a­­n­­d­­ R­­o­­v­­e­­r ­­R­­a­­n­­g­­e ­­R­­o­­v­­e­­r­­ f­­r­­o­­m h­­a­­v­­i­­n­­g e­­a­­r­­n­­e­­d­­ $­­8­­7­­2 t­­h­­i­­s ­­l­­a­­s­­t­­ f­­o­­u­­r­­ w­­e­­­­e­­k­­s.­­.­­ I­­t­­ s­­o­­u­­n­­d­­s­­ u­­n­­b­­e­­l­­i­­e­­v­­a­­b­­l­­e­­ b­­u­­t ­­y­­o­­u w­­o­­n­­t f­­o­­r­­g­­i­­v­­e ­­y­­o­­u­­r­­s­­e­­l­­f i­­f ­­y­­o­­u ­­d­­o­­n­­’­­t­­ c­­h­­e­­c­­k i­­t­­…'''

➜➜➜➜➜➜ w­­w­­w.­W­a­g­e­9­0­.­C­o­m­­

18. Victim February 12, 2016 at 3:23 am #

I have been extorted blackmailed and threatened by one women claiming to be his daughter……. wish i could say more but still fear for my and my families life

19. wezhira February 12, 2016 at 8:06 am #

the VP should not deginify this issue with a response. I can go to anyone and claim to be Barrack Obama `s son. Wonder what the heading will be like. ndo political slendder ka iyi.

20. carlos maraba February 12, 2016 at 9:02 am #

togarepi nyaya iyi haisi kuCriminal court irikuCivil court so.its possible kt mapurisa haana kutambira report

21. Mhofu February 12, 2016 at 9:47 am #

who the f*ck edited this story, how can you copy and paste the same story at the its end….

22. To Hell this was planned by Mnangagwa wife Auxilia Godo repaGuru nxa February 14, 2016 at 3:07 am #

Imi musataura zvamusingazivi. Mahaters. Shorai haadaro hamunyari mumusiye. Akatouforerawo munda iwowo we nxa. She is hardworking and this is a lie. You all will be exposed especially you Auxilia kuvenga mwana asina chaakakutadzira . Imhosva here kuti Mai va Kudzi vakafa? Auxilia kusanyara i am going to expose you to the media nyika yese izive hunhu hwako