Seek council approval, developer tells purchasers

THE developer of Golden CT suburb, an upmarket suburb near Mt Pleasant Heights, says purchasers of its residential stands should first get approval from council before building in line with municipal by-laws.


The notice comes on the back of warnings by Harare City Council that it would demolish houses in six suburbs — Gletwyn, Mt Pleasant Heights, Prospect, Pomona, Belvedere West and South of Ashdown Park—for failing to comply with city building by-laws.

In a notice yesterday, Equity Properties said stand purchasers will be taking a risk if they build without approvals from city council.

“While in some cases the city council can approve construction of buildings before compliance certificates or approve buildings after they have been constructed, such approval is at the discretion of the city council. It is only the city council that has discretionary powers and not the developer,” it said.


It said stand purchasers should also comply with the agreement of sale with the developer amid revelations there were some, who have reneged on paying additional construction costs for the project to get compliance certificates from the city council.

Equity Properties said it had obtained compliance certificate of phase one of the suburb from the City of Harare. It said compliance certificates for the other six phases would have been secured by December.

“We have agreed with the city council on the additional works that need to be done in order to get the compliance certificates on the other phases. About 80% of such works have already been done and the remaining 20% of the works can be finished within a period of less than six months,” it said.

The Golden CT is a self-contained upmarket suburb. On completion, it will have 552 residential stands, two churches, two schools, two crèches and a shopping centre.

Related Posts

1 Comment

  1. We have found that the position for a hangman is failing to get someone but to my surprise some people are there to demolish people’s houses. Theses people are just like the hangman why can’t they be used. I think they are the only people to engage.

Comments are closed.