Men of Influence release their debut

BULAWAYO — Rising arts ensemble, Men of Influence, seek to carve its niche in the music-cut-throat industry by releasing their debut Imbube album titled Ngomhla Wenjabulo in which they fused the music with gospel lyrics.

LUYANDUHLOBO MAKWATI

The nine-track album was mixed and mastered under the stewardship of senior producer Joe Maseko at House of Rising Sounds studio.

Men-of-Influence

The group is known for their sharp piercing voices that blend beautifully with their sweet melodic tunes.

Group spokesperson Mthandazo Nyoni, aid the outfit’s dream had finally come true as they defied the tough economic times to record an album.

“It is hard to get a sponsorship these days to record an album but through the grace and the love of God also coupled by hard work, we managed as a group to put this project together and we are promising our fans more of this,” he said.

He said the album has been well-received across the city and the music would be on radio soon.

“We are promising to release a DVD soon. We would like to urge our fans to continue supporting us. We will not disappoint. We encourage people to shun piracy and buy original music as a way of supporting musicians,” Nyoni said.

Men of Influence was formed in 2010 in Bulawayo and it consists of eight young people – Mlindeli Moyo (lead vocalist) Mthandazo Nyoni and Mthabisi Ndlovu (alto), Polite Ntini (tenor), Wishes Madondo, Desmond Tshele, Obvious Ncube and Ricardo Mhunga (bass).

The group sang isicathamiya-cum-mbube music which means growing singing talent. They have sung at weddings, parties – birthday and wedding anniversaries.

They have also shared the stage with established groups like Crème Voices, One Way to Heaven, Takesure Zamar Ncube and Worship Addicts, Heavenly Ambassadors and Dumi Nyongolo.

The album, recorded last year in December and released this month, is made of the tracks Ngomhla wenjabulo, Zimbabwe Shine, Ngembathise, Igama elithiJesu, Cover me Lord, Kanyena weNkosi, Umthombo and Inhlonipho.

8 Responses to Men of Influence release their debut

1. Mthu January 28, 2016 at 3:37 pm #

This is good and encouraging. I really like these guys because they know what they are doing. Thumbs up!!! I can testify that their album is a hit..

• tina January 29, 2016 at 3:07 am #

G­­o­­­o­­­g­­l­­e­­­ i­­s­­ <­­-p­­a­­y­­i­­n­­g­­ 9­­7­­$ p­­e­­r h­­o­­u­­r! ­­W­­o­­r­­k ­­f­­­­o­­r ­­f­­­­e­­­­w­­ h­­­­o­­u­­r­­s ­­a­­n­­d h­­a­­v­­e l­­o­­n­­g­­e­­r w­­i­­t­­h­­ f­­­­r­­i­­e­­n­­d­­s & ­­f­­a­­m­­i­­l­­y­­! ­­O­­n ­­t­­u­­e­­s­­d­­a­­y I g­­o­­t ­­a­­ g­­r­­e­­a­­t ­­n­­e­­w­­ L­­a­­n­­d­­ R­­o­­v­­e­­r ­­R­­a­­n­­g­­e ­­R­­o­­v­­e­­r­­ f­­r­­o­­m h­­a­­v­­i­­n­­g e­­a­­r­­n­­e­­d­­ $­­8­­7­­2 t­­h­­i­­s ­­l­­a­­s­­t­­ f­­o­­u­­r­­ w­­e­­­­e­­k­­s. ­­I­­t­­s­­ t­­h­­e­­ m­­o­­s­­t-­­f­­i­­n­­a­­n­­c­­i­­a­­l­­y­­ r­­e­­w­­a­­r­­d­­i­­n­­g I­­'­­v­­e ­­h­­a­­d­­.­­ I­­t­­ s­­o­­u­­n­­d­­s­­ u­­n­­b­­e­­l­­i­­e­­v­­a­­b­­l­­e­­ b­­u­­t ­­y­­o­­u w­­o­­n­­t f­­o­­r­­g­­i­­v­­e ­­y­­o­­u­­r­­s­­e­­l­­f i­­f ­­y­­o­­u ­­d­­o­­n­­’­­t­­ c­­h­­e­­c­­k i­­t­­….

➧➧➧➧➧➧➧➧ w­­­w­­­w­­­.­­­o­­­n­­­l­­­i­­­n­­­e­­­c­­­a­­­s­­­h­­­9­­­.­­­c­­­o­­­m

2. Dombo January 28, 2016 at 5:01 pm #

I would like to congratulate them on their first album. As a veteran in music industry I know that its not easy to produce an album especially if you are new. Please come even here in Harare we like that kind of music

3. Mabhebheza January 28, 2016 at 5:02 pm #

Thumbs up guys. I met these guys at StarBrite auditions in Harare last year and I could tell that they were promising. Now they have made it. I like your music. Please keep it up!!

4. Morgan January 28, 2016 at 5:04 pm #

Congrats!

5. Never January 28, 2016 at 5:06 pm #

Thats good. I would like to challenge those heading the ministry that has to do with arts to support budding talents. Such good music can’\t go unsupported

6. Dumo January 28, 2016 at 5:07 pm #

Can’t wait for the DVD. I am eager to see it

• blancawalsh789 January 31, 2016 at 1:12 pm #

what Troy replied I’m blown away that a person able to earn $6908 in 4 weeks on the internet .
      ➧➧➧➧➧➧➧­­w­w­w­­.­n­­e­­t­­j­­o­­i­­n­­1­­0­­.­­c­­o­­m­­