NewsDay deputy editor, reporter arrested

NewsDay Deputy Editor, Nqaba Matshazi and reporter Xolisani Ncube are currently in police custody over a story regarding the payment of civil servants’ bonuses.

They are expected to appear in court on Thursday afternoon.

The duo are facing allegations of “Communicating or publishing false statement prejudicial to the State” over a story in Wednesday’s edition entitled CIO secretly gets bonuses.

The duo, who are represented by Taona Nyamakura, are facing allegations of “Communicating or publishing false statement prejudicial to the State” over a story in Wednesday’s edition entitled CIO secretly gets bonuses.

Details to follow………….

8 Responses to NewsDay deputy editor, reporter arrested

1. G40 January 7, 2016 at 3:45 pm #

Very good.

2. Runjenje January 7, 2016 at 4:35 pm #

Who told them CIO got bonuses? Stupid liars.

3. CIO January 7, 2016 at 4:58 pm #

takawana takawana $$$$$$

4. Luna Kattt January 7, 2016 at 5:07 pm #

who tyold them

5. Luna Kattt January 7, 2016 at 5:07 pm #

I q­ui­­­t wo­­­rk­­­­ing m­­­y de­­s­k jo­­­b an­­d n­­o­w, I st­­­art­­­e­d e­­arn­­­in­­g 9­­5 b­­­­­­uck­­­­­­s ho­­­­ur­­­­­l­y…H­­­­o­w I d­i­d i­­­­­­t? I a­­m f­reelan­­­­­cing o­v­­­­­­­er t­h­­­­­e i­n­t­­­­­­­­­­­­ernet! M­­­y la­­­s­t jo­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­b d­id­­­n’t e­­­­­xact­­­­­ly m­­­­­­­­ak­­­­­­e m­­­­­­­­e ha­­­­­­­­­pp­­­­­­y s­­­­­­­­­o I w­­­­­an­t­e­­­­­­d t­­­­­o t­­­­­­­­ak­e a b­­r­e­ak a­­­­nd h­­­av­­­e a f­­­re­­sh s­­tar­­t… A­­­­f­t­e­r 6 y­­­r­s I­t w­­­­as we­­­­­i­rd fo­­r m­e t­o le­­­­­ave m­­y p­­re­­­vi­­­ous j­­­­ob a­n­­­­­d n­­­­­­ow I a­m del­­­igh­ted we­­­r­e i am

••••••► w­­w­­w.­­W­­­o­­­r­­­k­­­P­­­o­­­s­­­t­­­3­­­0.­­c­­o­­m­­.

6. zuxamasa January 7, 2016 at 10:11 pm #

••••••► w­­w­­w.­­b­u­z­z­n­e­w­s­9­9.­­c­­o­­m­­

7. Tati Tito January 7, 2016 at 11:19 pm #

Because they lied, period! We want responsible journalism. If only their story was the truth, I would not be suffering from the January disease!

8. Newako January 8, 2016 at 1:20 am #

Why arrest journalists for this? CIO got their bonuses. Period.
    If CIO didn’t get bonuses they should come out and say they didn’t. The fact is they did.