MDC-T MP Maridadi arrested

MABVUKU legislator James Maridadi (MDC-T) was reportedly arrested at Beitbridge Border Post yesterday for video-filming Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) officials without authority and crossing the port without valid travel documents.

BY STAFF REPORTER

Sources at the border post said the former broadcaster was nabbed around 4:20am following a heated exchange with Zimra officials over duty charges for his relative’s imported Toyota Fortuner vehicle. Maridadi is alleged to have described the charges as “too high” and accused Zimra officials of seeking to rip them off.

MDC T legislator for Mabvuku James Maridadi before he was arrested for inciting the youths to demonstrate-001

The opposition MP could not be reached for comment, while MDC-T spokesperson Obert Gutu said he had also failed to contact him.

“I have been trying all his numbers since morning to hear his side of the story, but he is not reachable. I wanted to hear from the horse’s mouth, but I couldn’t reach him,” Gutu said.

6 Responses to MDC-T MP Maridadi arrested

1. Kingifrika The 1st January 7, 2016 at 8:51 am #

Well Jimmy is a journalist and DJ so he knows all the things of making it into hitsville therefore getting arrested is one of them. In politics there is nothing called negative. Last time he had a one man demo remember that. Honestly do you think the hon member did not know the law at that point ? I doubt it

2. Vision January 7, 2016 at 9:54 am #

This is the most news unworthy report of all time. The herald tried hard to make squeeze something out of it but to no avail

3. gunguwo January 7, 2016 at 10:25 am #

I thought Maridadi was a human being, not a horse, Mr Gutu.

And he is alleged to have contravened the Protected Places and Areas Act but he was arrested for “filming ZIMRA officials”. Are ZIMRA officials places and areas? Kushaya basa uku. Anyway, when you are a politician you should be ready to swim in a sewage pond.

4. Jonathiel Moyowaonda January 7, 2016 at 12:38 pm #

Hon Gutu is using what is known as figure of speech. I know these days perhaps due to the LOOK EAST POLICY such expressions are no longer being taught. In the Shona language these idioms are called ‘madimikira’ So hon Gutu is correct to say ‘..from the horse’s mouth’.

5. Jane Stevens January 7, 2016 at 12:56 pm #

I a­m m­a­k­ing 8­5 bu­ck­s h­ou­rl­y f­or w­ork­­i­ng fr­­om ho­me. I n­ev­­er th­o­ug­ht th­­at i­­t wa­s­ le­­g­­it bu­t m­­­y ­be­st f­r­ie­nd­ is ea­rni­­ng 1­­0 th­­ou­­­­sa­nd do­­ll­­ar­­s a ­mo­­­n­­th b­y wo­­­rk­­in­g o­­n­­li­ne a­­nd sh­­­e r­ec­­omm­­­en­­de­­d m­­e t­­o t­r­­y i­­t. T­ry i­­t o­­ut on f­­ol­­lo­wi­­ng we­­bsi­­te, y­­­­­ou ha­­ve no­­th­in­­g t­o lo­­se…

►­►­► ­­­­w­­­w­­­­w­­­.­­­j­­o­­­­­­­b­­R­­­e­­­­v­­­i­­­­­­­e­­­­­­­w­­­­­­­10.­­c­­­o­­m­

6. Realist January 7, 2016 at 4:00 pm #

The country is indeed full of lone rangers. Mugabe is the prime one