HomeLocal NewsMudzi man dies after brandy abuse

Mudzi man dies after brandy abuse

-

A 36-YEAR-OLD Mudzi man has died after taking too much of Chateau brandy at a business centre, police in Mashonaland East have said.

Mamvura Kaukonde of Kaputu Village, under Chief Chikwizo in Mudzi, died on October 14 after an overdose of the brandy.

BY JAIROS SAUNYAMA

It is understood that on October 13 this year at around 1400hours, Kaukonde was drinking Chateau brandy in the company of his younger brother, Batsirai, at Nyamande Business Centre in Mudzi.

It is reported that the two drank until the evening when Batsirai went home, leaving Mamvura, who was too drunk, behind.

It is said that Mamvura slept in the cottage at the backyard of the shop.

The following day at around 1600hours Mamvura was found lying on the road about 300 metres from his homestead.

He was taken home by his nephew John Charwi of Musarurwa Village, Chief Chikwizo, in Mudzi.

Mamvura was then given porridge but died at around 1700hours.

The matter was reported at Makosa Police who attended the scene. T

he body was taken to Parirenyatwa Hospital for a post-mortem.

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading