ZBC fires CEO Muchechetere

The Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation (ZBC) yesterday fired chief executive officer Happison Muchechetere and three other executive members who were on suspension over various allegations, including abuse of office.

By Everson Mushava

Muchechetere, former general manager — finance Elliot Kasu, former general manager — radio services Allan Chiweshe and the former head — finance Ralph Nyambudzi’s contracts of employment were terminated on three months’ notice.

Happison Muchechetere

ZBC board chairperson Father Fidelis Munyoro said the four’s actions, decisions and behaviour was the reason why the national broadcaster was currently experiencing a desperate financial depression.

“The ZBC Board is cleaning up all destructive elements within the corporation and opening a new page on which a new story of ZBC shall be written,” Munyoro said.

“We believe it is possible for a parastatal to be run on the basis of good moral values, the principles of good governance and professional and effective business strategies. This is what we want ZBC to be, and it is indeed becoming that.”

Muchechetere, Kasu, Chiweshe and Nyambudzi were suspended in 2013 together with Tazzen Mandizvidza on allegations of gross mismanagement that prejudiced the corporation millions of dollars.

Munyoro said dismissals followed incriminating evidence against the four.

Meanwhile, Muchechetere’s house-hold property goes under the hammer at Revelations Auctioneers by the Sheriff of the High Court for failing to settle legal fees to Dube, Manikai and Hwacha legal practitioners.

In a related development, Zimpapers-owned Star FM yesterday reportedly fired Munyaradzi Milimo, popularly known as DJ Munya, news reader Demetria Hamandishe, a producer and a security guard.

Anxiety has reportedly gripped workers at the newspaper and radio station company following reports that Zimpapers wanted to fire around 150 workers from The Herald, The Sunday Mail, The Chronicle, Sunday News and Manica Post.

Labour organisations estimate the number of workers who have lost jobs since the Supreme Court ruling giving companies the greenlight to fire workers without compensation mid last month has passed 20 000.

2 Comments

  1. They will keep on firing and losing a lot from proffessionals, its high time the government admits their failure to see a good turn around of the country.

  2. my buddy’s ex-wife makes $88 /hr on the laptop . She has been laid off for 6 months but last month her pay was $12492 just working on the laptop for a few hours.

    try this web-site ….… Jobs367.Com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *