HomeNewsFire breaks out at High Court

Fire breaks out at High Court

-

A WOODEN security guardroom at the entrance of the High Court in Harare went up in flames on Wednesday night following an electrical fault.

STAFF REPORTER

Police confirmed the incident yesterday, saying preliminary indications were that the fire was caused by an electric heater which was left on while the guard on duty was conducting perimeter checks.

“A security guard at the institution left an electric heater on in a wooden guardroom when he went on perimeter checks. The heater exploded leading to the fire,” said police spokesperson Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba.

“The fire destroyed some issue vouchers, files, two chairs, one table, two heaters, one steel cabinet, a telephone handset, cell-phone, seven cases of soft drinks and a window to the deputy registrar’s office.”

According to police, the fire brigade was summoned and assisted in extinguishing the inferno.

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading