HomeNewsChild (2) electrocuted at neighbour’s house

Child (2) electrocuted at neighbour’s house

-

A MUTARE resident, Forward Musweweshiri, has been arrested for allegedly electrocuting his neighbour’s two-year-old child after he wired his grape tree with live electrical cables to keep away thieves.

KENNETH NYANGANI
OWN CORRESPONDENT

The spine-chilling incident happened in Chisamba Singles Section in Sakubva suburb last Thursday.

Although Manicaland provincial police spokesperson Inspector Enock Chishiri could not be reached for comment, the deceased child’s grandmother, Loveness Natsai, confirmed the incident.

Natsai said her granddaughter was buried on Friday in Mutare.

“She was electrocuted at around 2pm on Thursday at our neighbour’s house.

“He had wired his grape tree probably to scare off thieves and my granddaughter (Sarah Karimanzira) accidentally got into contact with wires and she was electrocuted. She died on the spot and we made a police report and Musweweshri was arrested,” Natsai said.

She said prior to the incident, Musweweshiri had received several warnings from neighbours who expressed concern over the security measures he applied to safeguard his fruit trees.

“He was supposed to have fenced his house if he wanted to protect his grapes,” she said, adding that Musweweshiri had not yet paid condolences to the family.

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading