Triangle end How Mine unbeaten run

TRIANGLE . . . . (1) 2
HOW MINE . . . .(0)1


TRIANGLE head coach Biggie Zuze heaved a huge sigh of relief after his team ended How Mine’s 10-match unbeaten run in a Castle Lager Premier Soccer League played at Gibbo Stadium yesterday.

The Lowveld-based side has been struggling to collect maximum points both home and away, but they finally found the winning formula to record only their third of the season via Richard Kawondera double.

Timothy January scored at the death for the visitors, but it was a case of too little too late.

“We have been playing well, but were just unlucky because goals were not coming. This is the win we wanted, it was just the winning formula we needed most. And it finally came and we are hoping that we are going to continue with the form when we play Bantu Rovers in our next match,” he said.

“There were many changes in my team due to suspensions and injuries. But at least the players are catching up, l am trying to introduce the passing game and we have been creating chances,” he added.

His counterpart Philani Ncube was not happy with officiating saying that most decisions went against his side.

“I think most decisions went against my side, the second goal was scored from an off-side position although the first goal was clear,” he said.

Triangle showed early signs of trying to get maximum points when Kawondera headed over the bar from a Brian Juwayeyi fine corner-kick while at the other end, defender Gilbert Banda’s cross was headed by Kuda Musharu into the hands of Ronald Mudimu.

But after a flurry of missed chances, Kawondera finally came right with the opener in the 26th minute. In the second half, How Mine started to breathe life into their game and were first to come off-the blocks in the 48th minute after they won a corner-kick.

But the visitors’ strikers went on sleep after they took turns to miss with Edmore Muzanenhamo the guilty striker with the opposition’s defence at sixes and sevens.

And they paid dearly in the 80th minute when Kawondera pounced on a rebound after Hillary Bakacheza’s effort had been punched back into play by Ephraim Mazarura.

In the last 10 minutes, the home side showed signs of tiredness which saw How Mine rallying back into the match with a January goal in the 90th minute.

YESTERDAY: Caps United 2-1 Hwange, Triangle 2-1 How Mine, Highlanders 3-1 Black Rhinos, Buffaloes 2-0 Chapungu
SATURDAY: Harare City 1-2 Shabanie Mine, FC Platinum 1-0 Bantu Rovers, Chicken Inn 0-0 Dynamos, ZPC Kariba 1-1 Chiredzi

Do you have a coronavirus story? You can email us on: