HomeLocal NewsDJ Munya murder case — latest

DJ Munya murder case — latest


Murder suspect Star FM DJ Munya Mlimo visited the now deceased Tinashe Magorimbo at his workplace at PSMI on Friday May 10 in Harare, where he logged in the visitors’ book and was on the premises for 30 minutes having a private discussion with Magorimbo, it has emerged.

Report by Wonai Masvingise

This comes amid a police pronouncement last night that apart from Mlimo, they had also arrested Taurai Jani and Mohammad Matare in connection with Magorimbo’s kidnapping and murder. Police did not disclose more details on the case, except that the three would appear in court soon.

Close sources told NewsDay last night that apart from Munya visiting PSMI, he is also believed to have gone to Magorimbo’s residence in the Avenues area after his disappearance and told the deceased’s wife Millicent Chimbadza  that he was the one holding her husband and would only release him after “dealing with him” for having an affair with his wife Anna Hassan.

It also emerged yesterday that Munya and Anna were reportedly on separation.

The DJ was arrested last Friday in connection with the death of Magorimbo.

Magorimbo, who worked in the human resources department at PSMI, a medical aid organisation in central Harare, is said to have taken a day off on Monday May 13, a day before he disappeared, allegedly to solve his personal problems away from work following Munya’s visit the previous Friday.

“After Magorimbo failed to report to work on Wednesday, his wife (Millicent) alerted Magorimbo’s workmates in the human resources department about Munya’s visit to her home,” sources said.

“Magorimbo’s workmates then called Munya and he admitted holding Magorimbo and promised to release him after dealing with him for flirting with Anna.”

But things never turned that way as Magorimbo died on Saturday after being admitted at West End Clinic due to suspected poisoning. Meanwhile, Munya had been arrested the previous day in connection with Magorimbo’s disappearance.

Text messages sent to Magorimbo’s workmates using the deceased’s phone, demanding a ransom of $5 000 to facilitate his release, have also emerged.

At Magorimbo’s funeral wake at  the family home in Glen Norah yesterday, the deceased’s parents were visibly devastated and inconsolable. They had just been to Parirenyatwa Hospital where a postmortem was conducted, when the NewsDay crew arrived.

Magorimbo is expected to be buried tomorrow at Granville Cemetery in Harare.
Efforts to get hold of Anna were unsuccessful as her mobile phone was unreachable.

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading