I am not bitter — Mugeyi

JOHANNESBURG — AmaZulu assistant coach Wilfred Mugeyi is not bitter with the Chippa United management for sacking him.

Kick-Off

While Wilfred Mugeyi is not bitter with the Chippa United management for sacking him, the former Zimbabwean international insists he was never given enough time to prove his worth in his first job as head coach.

It has been a hectic period of drama for Mugeyi, who was fired from his post at Chippa on April 11 before he was appointed assistant coach of AmaZulu six days later on a two-year contract.

The former Bush Bucks forward opened up to KickOff.com and reflected on his short stint as the fifth coach of Chippa United this season.
“I am not bitter with Chippa United or Mr Mpengesi (Chippa United owner). I am settling well into my new role with AmaZulu and in football there is not time to be bitter or to hold grudges,” Mugeyi explained.

“I was at the club for less than three months and I feel that maybe if I had been given more time to prove myself we might have turned the corner.

“But I am very grateful to Chippa United for giving me an opportunity. This is the first time that I was head coach of a club and I have learnt a lot of valuable lessons from that experience,” added the coach.

While Mugeyi hopes his former club will win their fight to stay in the top-flight league, the former Zimbabwe national team striker admits they have a huge mountain to climb.

Today, Chippa (who are bottom of the log with 19 points from 25 matches) will be up against a well oiled Platinum Stars outfit that has set its sights on winning the league title race.

“I was very happy when Chippa won their match against Moroka Swallows on Wednesday, but it will be very hard for them to avoid the chop.

“The teams that are above them are also fighting to survive because no club enjoys being relegated,” Mugeyi noted.

9 Responses to I am not bitter — Mugeyi

1. Tshemareza, Bulawayo April 20, 2013 at 10:06 am #

From one sinking ship to another.

• kedo April 22, 2013 at 7:24 am #

2. WILLARD MUBVUMBI April 21, 2013 at 6:26 am #

Its a lie. You are bitter man. Why being a stranger to the truth?

3. jobs zimbabwe April 21, 2013 at 7:22 am #

the man is as bitter as it ever gets we all know he is. he may as well stop denying it

4. GlamourGal April 21, 2013 at 8:29 am #

ko ndokuti kuzvisimbisa pachirume kauku nhai…

5. THE HEADSHRINKER April 21, 2013 at 4:49 pm #

Behind every i dont care is a little emotion.Behind every Iam not bitter there is a little bitterness.

• kedo April 22, 2013 at 7:25 am #

now See how a Zimbabwean woman became a millionaire by buying and selling accidented cars, Very interesting. Go to (ACCIDENTEDCARS.COM) to see the various methods and companies she used (ACCIDENTEDCARS.COM). very simple idea. WAKE UP AFRICANS

6. steady chidawu April 21, 2013 at 5:58 pm #

Ofcourse there is no reason fo him to be bitter,the chippas wl be long forgotten soon,the chop is awaitng,matter of time!

7. kedo April 22, 2013 at 7:25 am #