HomeLocal NewsLove for mango ends in tragedy

Love for mango ends in tragedy

-

A Chitungwiza man was electrocuted while using a piece of wire to get mangos from a tree on Sunday morning.

TATENDA KUNAKA

Harare provincial police spokesperson Inspector Tedious Chibanda confirmed  the tragedy yesterday saying the man, Morgan Dzapasi (32) of Unit O in Seke had died from severe electric shock.

“I can confirm that Morgan Dzapasi died of electric shock.  He climbed a mango tree known as ‘mubhuru mango’ in vernacular and decided while on the tree, to use a wire to get down mangoes that he could not reach. The wire he was using got in contact with the Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Authority (Zesa) cables which resulted in him being electrocuted”, said Chibanda.

One power cable in the residential areas is believed to carry 11 000 volts of electricity.

Inspector Chibanda said people ought to be cautious when using metal objects and wires near electricity cables.

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading