HomeNewsMan killed over shebeen queen

Man killed over shebeen queen


THREE brothers from Gokwe yesterday appeared in court for allegedly fatally assaulting a fellow villager following a misunderstanding at a beer drink where one of them had reportedly indecently assaulted a shebeen queen.

By Our Senior Reporter

Talkmore Mugora (30), Annymore Mugora (28) and Gerald Mugora (20) of Tasiyana village under Chief Chireya in Gokwe, were not formally charged with public violence and murder when they appeared before Gokwe provincial resident magistrate Shepherd Mjanja.

They were all remanded in custody to November 28 and advised to apply to the High Court for bail.

Charges against them were that on November 8, the three brothers were drinking beer at Rhoda Takaendesa’s homestead.

However, at about 8pm, Talkmore picked up a fight with Tariro Takaendesa after she confronted Anymore accusing him of allegedly fondling her mother Rhoda’s breasts.

The fight was stopped by other revellers who included the now deceased, Tobias Mugova.

The three left the homestead and went back to their home. They armed themselves with weapons which included a tyre lever, iron bar and an axe, and headed back to Rhoda’s homestead.

On arrival at the homestead at 10pm, one of them struck Rhoda’s bedroom door with an axe, the other two smashing window panes to her bedroom.

But she managed to escape into the bush together with her son Edwin.

After causing mayhem at Rhoda’s homestead, they went to Mugova’s homestead.

Mugova was one of the patrons who had intervened earlier on to stop the fight at the beer drink.

On arrival they broke a door to his hut and allegedly went on to assault him.

They reportedly hit him on the head and legs with an iron bar and then killed his dog.

Anymore allegedly went on to strike Tobias on the face with an axe and he fell down. He reportedly continued assaulting him with the back of the axe.

Tobias’s mother Jennifer Zulu rushed to the scene to rescue her son after hearing his cry for help, but she was reportedly threatened with death.

The victim managed to escape and spent the night away from home. He died the following day from the wounds he had sustained in the assault.

A police report was made, leading to the arrest of the three.

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading