Econet launches new promotion

Econet Wireless yesterday launched a consumer promotion where the mobile phone company is offering cash prizes of over $1 million.

Report by Business Reporter
The promotion, which is sponsored by the company’s mobile money transfer service, EcoCash, is dubbed the “EcoCash One Million Dollar, WayaWaya Promotion”.

In a statement, Econet said the promotion had been launched to celebrate the first anniversary of EcoCash that boasts more than 1,7 million registered users.

EcoCash is the second fastest growing mobile money transfer service in the region after M-Pesa launched in Kenya by Safaricom.

“The company could have brought several vehicles as prizes, but we decided instead to give cash to customers, so they can decide what they what to do with their money,” the company said.

“Econet is inspired to change people’s lives and offering a customer $100 000 can help achieve their dreams like buying a house, furnishing their house or even start a meaningful business. To us, this is life changing.”

Econet said the promotion will offer a grand prize of $100 000. To enter the promotion one simply needs to transact using EcoCash.

Unregistered customers qualify the moment they register. During the competition, which runs over the next three months, Econet will give away $100 to
100 customers every day for 100 days.

11 Responses to Econet launches new promotion

1. beekay October 2, 2012 at 5:11 pm #

Thank you very much Econet!!!

• Mafira October 3, 2012 at 8:47 am #

The probability of me winning is 1/12million with other networks everyone is winning everyday!!!

2. Rangarirai Mukora October 3, 2012 at 9:04 am #

Many thanks Econet Wireless. This truly is the best service provider ever. A Buddie in deed!!!

3. idayimusiki grant mutsaru November 8, 2012 at 2:02 pm #

wayawaya love it econet iz the best in the contry on everything when it comes to network

4. annonymous December 11, 2012 at 9:39 am #

I’m using a different network service provider in SA but I’ve just receive an sms telling me that I’ve won R150 000; that I must call Susan to activate. Here it is:

Congrats!!For 2012 ECONET MOBILE PROMO, Ur cell no.Has won R150,000.call Ur Agent Mrs.Susan on 0780705384 to Activate Ur Ref no.06E…Y From 8am to 5pm.

Is this a scam or true?

5. daizy December 11, 2012 at 11:43 am #

annonymous December 11, 2012 at 11:41am

im using a different network service provider in SA but I’ve just receive an sms telling me that I’ve won R150 000; that I must call Susan to activate. Here it is:

Is this a scam or true?

6. Sue December 20, 2012 at 7:30 pm #

Is this a scam or true?

• Danny January 7, 2013 at 9:13 am #

I got the same msg today. Did you phone Susan? i also need to know if its a scam, please let me know. Regards

7. Mkhaliphi January 7, 2013 at 3:42 pm #

I’m is SA as well and got the same sms. I tried calling Susan and there is no response. What is the story here?

8. Anon January 29, 2013 at 8:39 am #

I received the same sms and also from SA. Seems everyone is getting the same msg and same ref no. Has to be a scam!!!

9. COUNT February 20, 2013 at 6:12 pm #

I LIVE IN SOUTH AFRICA AND ALSO RECEIVED AN SMS MESSAGE SAYING I WON R150.000 IN THE ECONET MOBILE PROMO THROUGH MY CELL NUMBER. I’D LIKE TO KNOW THAT THIS TRUE OR A SCAM

© 2014 NewsDay Zimbabwe. All Rights Reserved.