HomeNewsEmakhandeni house gutted by fire

Emakhandeni house gutted by fire

-

Property worth thousands of dollars went up in smoke after an Emakhandeni house was gutted by fire yesterday morning.

Although the property owner, Darlington Moyo, declined to comment over the cause of the fire, a teenage girl at the house said the inferno was caused by a paraffin stove which blew up and set the property ablaze.

However, neighbours said they were puzzled why the family had lit a paraffin stove because electricity was available at the time.

When NewsDay arrived at the house yesterday afternoon, firefighters had doused the inferno. Some of the damaged property included a set of sofas, a television set and other household goods.

Previous articleMan U tickets on sale
Next articleButt released

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading