HomeSportSoccerZikeeper makes it four out of four

Zikeeper makes it four out of four


Hardbody . . . . . . . . . . 0
Caps United . . . . . . . . 1

It took a 68th minute Edmore Sibandas bullet free kick for Caps United to claim a slender victory over stubborn Hardbody in a Castle Lager Premier Soccer League match at Ascot Stadium in Gweru yesterday.

The Caps United revival continued with the green side claiming their fourth consecutive win, consequently condemning the busmen to their seventh defeat of the season out of 10 games.

Hardbody will however feel hard done by referee, Mlindeli Ndebele, who denied the busmen a goal and three penalties.

Caps United manager Sean Conor acknowledged that the victory was not an easy one, as Hardbody were threatening throughout the entire match.

It was a difficult win but I am glad we kept shape throughout the game and managed to come out with three points.

We controlled the game in the second half, creating a number of chances which we failed to bury, he said.

His Hardbody counterpart Tavaka Gumbo felt hard done by referee Ndebeles officiating which saw the Busmens three penalty appeals being denied.

It was an unfortunate loss. We created more chances, but failed to take them. The referee also made some serious mistakes denying us three obvious penalties. But all the same it was a good game, he said.

It was Hardbody who made the first real attempt at goal in the 17th minute when Michael Mageja roasted his marker on the right to send in a cross for Callisto Maheya who easily tapped the ball into an empty net.

The goal was disallowed as the near side assistant referee Brighton Nyika had his flag up for offside much to the chagrin of Hardbody.

Caps real chance in the first half only came in the 35th minute when impressive winger Rahman Kutsanzira dribbled past Brian Juru and sent in a low cross towards the near post only for Alexander Useni in goal for Hardbody to parry it out.

In the 48th minute the busmen appeal for a penalty was ignored by Ndebele after what appeared to be a handball in the box from a Jongwe cross.

Caps then won a free kick about 25 metres from goal when Juru was adjudged to have fouled Charles Chiutsa. Sibanda stepped forward to take the free kick which ultimately won the match for Caps united in the 68th minute.

In the 83rd minute the Gweru side was gain denied a penalty after Tawanda Munyanduri had handled in the box before Douglas Walaza also appeared to have handled in the box.

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading