HomeLocal NewsGirl (4) electrocuted

Girl (4) electrocuted

-

ZVIMBA — A four-year-old Darwendale girl, Nokuthanda Garanewako, was electrocuted last week after stepping on a live electric cable while playing with friends at Kutama Primary School.

Nokuthanda’s mother, Sibongile Mpofu, had gone to church when tragedy struck.

It is alleged on March 12 at around 5pm, the minor was playing with other children and stepped on a suspected illegally connected electric cable at the school.

She was rushed to Kutama Farm Clinic and was then referred to Father O’Hea Hospital where she later died.

Mashonaland West provincial police spokesperson Inspector Clemence Mabgweazara urged people who have electrical knowledge to use it professionally and desist from engaging in illegal connections that may put people’s lives in
danger.

“Those with electrical knowledge must do their job professionally and desist from making illegal connections to prevent loss of lives like in this case,” said Mabgweazara.

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading