Dynamos vice-captain George Magariro is closing on signing a new deal with the Premier Soccer League champions.
Sources close to the negotiations yesterday revealed that Magariro has agreed to a new three-year deal.
Negotiations have been going on for a while and the two parties are gradually finding each other.
The player and his manager are going to meet with Raymond Kazembe, the Dynamos new secretary-general, on Saturday (tomorrow) to iron out some few personal terms, but much of the ground has already been covered and the two parties are happy. They will meet again on Monday when the player is going to sign, said the source.
Kazembe, who took over the secretary-general position from Nyika Chifamba, could not be reached for a comment, but Magariro hinted he was close on signing the contract.
Yes, I can confirm there are some negotiations going on. My manager will meet with the executive this week and we will take it from there. That is all I can say at the moment, said Magariro.
Asked if it was true that rivals FC Platinum had approached him for his signature, the soft-spoken Magariro said: Not that I know. Maybe they spoke to my manager, but they havent approached me personally.
If Magariro signs the contract, it will be a huge relief to the Harare giants who continue to lose players to foreign clubs.
Dynamos have already lost striker Cuthbert Malajila to South African Premiership side Maritzburg United while goalkeeper Washington Arubi is also set to leave.
Arubi is understood to be training with South African Premiership side Platinum Stars while awaiting his visa to go to Poland.
Contract negotiations had reportedly broken down between Magariro and Dynamos with the player allegedly asking the club to pay him signing-on fees before he could put pen to paper.
There have been reports that FC Platinum were interested in the frustrated defender and Magariros late arrival for pre-season training fuelled the speculation. Magariro reported for duty one week after all the other players had started.
However, the latest development could come as a big boost to a troubled Dynamos camp who has been rocked by a player strike.
The players have since Tuesday boycotted training, demanding their bonuses for winning the league title. The players and the club have also reached an impasse over signing-on fees.
Since their return from Bob88 Super Cup semi-final match in Bulawayo, the players have refused to train and the circus continued yesterday.
There was no activity at their training ground, Raylton Sports Club, as the players were seen milling around in the morning before leaving at around midday.
There was no official from the executive or any technical member to attend to the players.
Team manager Richard Chihoro, who on Wednesday told NewsDay Sport that the players had been given a week off as their coaches were attending a refresher course, was singing from the same hymn book again yesterday.