Zifa has said they will not interfere with contracts of the suspended Warriors players at their respective clubs.
A total of 24 players, according to chief executive officer Jonathan Mashingaidze who were deemed most active, were suspended on Monday due to their alleged involvement in match fixing scandals in Asia, starting in 2009.
We wont interfere with their contracts of employment. They have not been convicted and we are doing this as a national association because of the damage that has been done to us. Clubs reserve the right to deal with their players in the way they see fit, Mashingaidze said.
No immediate comment was available from senior players Thomas Sweswe and Method Mwanjali yesterday. Sweswes mobile phone was on voicemail while his football manager Bobby Motaungs mobile was being answered by someone.
Sundowns public relations officer Kabelo Mosito had not responded to emailed questions on the future of Mwanjali, Nyasha Mushekwi and Lionel Mtizwa.
Last week, Zifa received thumbs up from Fifa regional development officer Ashford Mamelodi: As Fifa, we are happy that Zifa are now looking at their constitution which is an indication of commitment.
So from Fifa, we are happy with the interaction with Zifa. We admire your efforts to try and clean up Zifa.
There have been some outrage after some suspensions but I have to say that a suspension is not an expulsion. If this is the process towards justice, then why should it not be done? said Mamelodi during his visit last week.
He was commenting on the issue of five suspended board members who were also allegedly involved in match fixing in Asia and in the Central Region.
These are second vice president Kenny Marange, Northern Region chairman Solomon Mugavazi, board member development Methembe Ndlovu, Southern Region boss Gift Banda and his Central Region counterpart Patrick Hokonya.