HomeSportSoccerPlayer wrangle. . . Dynamos, Motor Action claim Mushure

Player wrangle. . . Dynamos, Motor Action claim Mushure

-

Dynamos and Motor Action are heading for a collision course over defender Ocean Mushure after the two Premiership football clubs’ claims to have registered the player for the 2012 Caf Champions League and the Confederations Cup respectively.

League champions Dynamos on Thursday included Mushure in their 25-man squad for the Champions League that was sent to Caf by Zifa, but Motor Action, where the player was on loan last season from Monomotapa, yesterday came out guns blazing claiming also to have the roving leftback on their list for the Confederations Cup.

Mighty Bulls chief of protocol Simeon Jamanda yesterday said: “We gave Zifa a list of 20 players including that of Mushure.

If he has also registered for Dynamos, then it’s a double registration. We negotiated with the player and did all the registration requirements including medicals and he agreed that he wants to play for Motor Action in the Confederations Cup.

“So as far as we are concerned, he is our player and that is why we have registered him. But if it’s true that he also registered for Dynamos, then the player has got double standards and we will call for his ban.

“It will mean that he has cost us or Dynamos one slot in the list because if he appears in the two lists he will obviously be sanctioned.”

Interestingly though, Mushure does not appear on the Motor Action’s 19-man squad that was sent by Zifa to Caf yesterday morning.

Zifa communications manager Nicky Moyo Dhlamini yesterday insisted that Motor Action sent a list of 19 players to the association, excluding Mushure.

The issue took another interesting twist yesterday when Monomotapa, who own Mushure, said the two teams Motor Action and Dynamos might lose the player altogether.

Monomotapa team manager Clayton Munemo said they had not received any offers for the player. He said his team were not planning to sell or loan out the player in any case.

“Mushure still has a contract with us which runs until December 31, 2012. We want to retain all our players for next season.

We struggled this season because of lack of depth in the team, so we have agreed we want to make a strong team by retaining all the players we had loaned out.

“I have been reading in the Press that he has signed for Dynamos. As a matter of fact, Mushure is on a one-year deal with Motor Action which expires at the end of this year,” said Munemo.

He added: “It was only today (yesterday) when the Dynamos treasurer (Webster Chikengezha) approached us, but it was nothing formal. We have set another meeting with them on Monday.”

The Mighty Bulls yesterday submitted their Confederation Cup squad to Zifa, with six new faces from last season’s squad.

The new faces on the Motor Action list are Misheck Mburayi (former Highlanders), Charles Mutero (Shooting Stars), Jonathan Chitereki (Shabanie), Yves Ebabali (Kiglon), Dominic Mukandi (Monomotapa) and Morris Kadzola (Chicken Inn).

There were fears that Motor Action could be fined by Caf after they failed to meet the December 15 deadline to submit their squad.

However, Zifa yesterday said the deadline had been extended to December 31 giving all the four teams who are participating in the African safari some more time to sign new players.

Motor Action Caf Confederations Cup squad:
Marlon Jani, John Bernard, Edward Tembo, Enasio Perezo, Isaac Masame, Masimba Mambare, Reuben Machaya, Ronald Mudimu, Temba Ndhlovu, Thembani Masuku, Godfrey Moyo, Nicho Francis, Gift Phiri, Charles Mutero, Jonathan Chitereki, Yves Ebabali, Dominic Mukandi, Morris Kadzola, Misheck Mburayi.

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading