HomeLocal NewsHunt still on for Mbare rogue soldiers

Hunt still on for Mbare rogue soldiers

-

Police were by yesterday still searching for the estimated 12 soldiers who allegedly caused mayhem in Mbare on Tuesday afternoon, beating up residents.

Harare provincial spokesperson Inspector James Sabau confirmed that no further arrests had been made.

“We are still searching for the other alleged culprits as it is said they were more than the two who were picked up on Tuesday,” said Sabau.
The two soldiers were arrested on Tuesday after allegedly assaulting innocent residents in the suburb.

On Sunday one soldier who, as of yesterday, was still on the run, allegedly had a misunderstanding with a resident in Mbare which degenerated into a fight.

He allegedly teamed up with colleagues from his workplace on Tuesday and went back to seek revenge but failed to locate the individual he had fought with.

The soldiers then allegedly vented their anger on innocent residents, accusing them of hiding their target.

Police were tipped off about the mayhem and pounced on the rogue soldiers, arresting two of them.

Sabau said the two in custody were set to appear in court today.

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading