LONDON — Arsenal have included Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri in their squad for the Champions League play-off with Udinese, BBC Sport reported.
Both players had been strongly rumoured to be considering moves away from the Emirates Stadium in the summer.
If either player appears in the game, he will be ineligible to play in the competition for any other club.
New signings Gervinho and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, along with teenager Ryo Miyaichi, were also named in the squad for the game on Tuesday August 16. Fabregas has been linked with a return home to former club Barcelona while France midfielder Nasri has been linked with a switch to several Premier League clubs.
But if they play in the first leg of the play-off against Italian side Udinese, it could affect the interest of any potential suitors. Miyaichi (18) who was signed from Feyenoord in January and spent the rest of the season with the Dutch club, is in the squad after being granted a work permit on the grounds of “exceptional talent”.
“We are absolutely delighted that Ryo has been granted a work permit,” said Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.
“This is almost like a new signing for us, as we weren’t completely sure we would be given the authorisation. Ryo has worked extremely hard in pre-season and performed very well during the matches in Asia, Germany and Portugal.”
Miyaichi was granted the work permit despite a lack of international appearances for Japan.
Wenger added: “Ryo has natural technical ability. He has good balance and phenomenal pace, and his passing and crossing is consistently of a high quality. He is a very exciting player.
“He had a successful time with Feyenoord in the Netherlands last season, who gave him the opportunity to play regularly and we’re looking forward to his contribution this coming season with Arsenal.” Denmark forward Nicklas Bendtner, who has said he expects to leave Arsenal this summer, is also in the squad.