HomeSportSoccerIt’s Dynamos, Bosso again

It’s Dynamos, Bosso again


Dynamos……(2) 4
Gunners……..(1) 1

Midfielder Ashley Rambanapasi returned from a three-week lay-off to power Dynamos into the Zaoga Jubilee Charity Shield soccer final after humiliating league champions Gunners at Rufaro Stadium Sunday.

And for that, Dynamos will now face old foes Highlanders in the final at the end of the month – their fourth meeting this year.

One game has finished — the Independence Trophy final on April 18 — while the others-BancABC semi-final on August 21 — and a league match last Sunday — failed to last 90 minutes due to crowd trouble.

Rambanapasi’s brace (ninth and 74th mins) coupled by another goal from returnee Evans Gwekwerere in the 27th minute and a clinical finish by Benjamin Marere (79th min) cancelled out a fourth-minute David Rediyoni opener.

Rambanapasi, who had a groin problem for the past three weeks, was naturally a happy man after the final whistle.

“I feel very honoured to be given the first team jersey from the injury, I had to prove myself. It’s also good for my position in the national team, it shows that my inclusion in the team was not a fluke.”

Warriors head coach Tom Saintfiet watched the match.
Gunners head coach Darlington Dodo grudgingly conceded defeat.

“Dynamos were clearly better prepared than us, and there is no other result you can get. If you are not well prepared you lose,” said a disappointed Dodo. “The referee also played some part, some of his decisions in the match were very questionable,” added Dodo.

The match started at an electric pace with Dynamos taking the game to Gunners and could have scored in the second minute but Gwekwerere miscued his effort with goalkeeper Tafadzwa Dube sprawling.

However it was Gunners who took the initiative when impressive midfielder Lloyd Masakusi weaved past Milton Makopa and Rambanapasi before feeding Rediyoni who did justice to the pass, unleashing a powerful shot past a bemused Washington Arubi.

Dynamos, backed by a vociferous crowd, restored parity five minutes later when Rambanapasi headed home a well executed cross from left-back Khumbulani Banda.

Marere, who missed the league game between these two sides on Thursday, made it 2 – 1 when his rising left footer from a David Kutyauripo cross settled in the roof of the net.

Dynamos came back from the breather looking for a killer goal, pressing down their opponents with Marere troubling the Gunners defence at will.

The Harare giants’ determination was rewarded in the 74th minute when substitute Nicholas Alifandika, with his first touch of the ball, whipped in a perfect cross that was tapped in by the grateful Rambanapasi.

Gunners’ fortunes went from bad to worse when substitute Patrick Makuvaza was given a straight red card by referee Masimba Chihowa for needlessly stamping on goalkeeper Arubi in the 77th minute.

And with the scoreline at 3 – 1 and a one-man advantage, Dynamos were cruising. Marere made the Dynamos win emphatic 11 minutes from time with a clever chip outside the box to beat a badly positioned Dube.

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading